Brewmaker Best of British IPA

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnStone

Reaction score
Got this 2 can kit underway today with the help of my brewing pixie, Brewed short to 19 litres. Original gravity reading of 1047 (with temperature correction) so hopefully should end up around the 5.4% mark. Smelt lovely going into the fv and the sachet of yeast was quite generous. Have high hopes for this brew :thumb:

Blurb on the box states an EBU of between 33-47, should be brewed to 22.7 litre's and definitely got a big hit of hops.

I picked this up from Wilkos a week or so ago, shout be going into my barrel next week, looks good :thumb:

This one is coming along nicely with a good steady fermentation after 7 days in the fv. Might have to get my brew monkey to test and transfer into 2nd fv next week as I'm on holiday.

I currently have this in my barrel at the moment, took a while to ferment (my own fault, pitched to cool, put in a couple of litres too much and rushed other things, it is my second brew and in the excitement I didn't take the care I did on my first) but we got there after two and a half weeks or so.

Taste and smell was fine when I siphoned into barrel, due to move into cooler climes this weekend so ill pour a half off and see how the clarity is coming along. :thumb:

My brew monkey took a gravity reading last night on day 12, 1•014 nearly there now. Should be ready to transfer to the 2nd FV by the time I get back. :thumb:

I had a sip of mine before I put it in my barrel to condition. Its a bit dark for an IPA but fairly clear. I used to some honey in the recipe so maybe this explains the colour and the slighlty sweet after taste.

I also used a Brew Bag in the barrel to try and give a slightly hoppier flavour, will let people know how it turns out in a month :cheers:

I only just read this!

Brew monkey my 2 bum cheeks!

It is a little on the dark side for an IPA but the smell and taste were spot on, I swear there was only 17 litres in it!

Transfered mine to the 2nd FV yesterday and agree with munkian, it does look a little dark for an IPA but the sample I had was spot on :thumb:

I kegged my Velvet stout kit today- I added coffee and treacle when fermenting too.

Anyway, the IPA has been in the Barrel for a week now and kept warm. Its a little lighter and has a less sweet aftertaste due to the hops brew bag. I think I'll remove the bag after another week and then keep cold for as long as possible :pray:

Also, had a Greens IPA in the pub the other-day - wasn't THAT light, more this this than that

Latest posts

Back