BT Vision help

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vossy1

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hoping some one may be able to help me, the foreign call centres are driving me nuts :x
Father in law has had BT Vision and Infinity installed in the living room but he may want to watch the football on occaision (when ostrasized by wife :lol: ) in another room. Does anyone know how to do this with an older TV which doesn't have wifi, eg, wifi scart dongle etc?

It should be possible to get a set-top box which will connect to BT Vision and convert digital to analogue for older TVs. BT may even be willing to provide it free - they won't want to lose a customer, after all!

Thanks Tim. He has a digital freeview box attached to it but I haven't had the chance to see if it's wi fi.
The other route I was thinking is his wife could watch freeview through an aerial to the tv in the living room and then run a HDMI cable upstairs, but that would require a new tv :? ....or even simpler a wifi lappy....strewth...why is nothing easy!
He asked the engineer but can't remember more than dongle and cables :roll:

Is it to watch football on BT sport?
If so then there is an app available for PCs, Ipad and android.

Have a google for balun. I've used them for piping video over cat5 in the past.
You can get ones for SCART and HDMI.

Buy him a set of headphones and he can watch on PC in same room, get wireless ones and can listen while getting a beer from the fridge. Simple's !

Buy him a set of headphones and he can watch on PC in same room, get wireless ones and can listen while getting a beer from the fridge. Simple's !
:lol:
Couple of problems with that...sat bolt upright on dining furniture will probably cripple him and he doesn't drink at home.
Have a google for balun. I've used them for piping video over cat5 in the past.
You can get ones for SCART and HDMI.
Will have a nosey :thumb:

Latest posts

Back