Busy day

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CycoSymz

Reaction score
I've had rather a busy day today...

Bottled my first batch of TC - primed half the bottles and just left the others.
Racked my original WOW - Looks and tastes pretty good so far.
Started a TC with cranberry
Started a WOW with red grape juice and pineapple juice.
Started a batch of Hooch.
Started a WOW with White grape juice and pineapple juice.

20130406_205019.jpg

Yes I know, I need to improve my labeling technique :D

bobsbeer said:
you have been busy. :thumb: But you will be busier still in a couple of weeks when they all need racking. :grin:

Yes, but that's a lot easier and less messy. It's also a lot closer to the drinking stage :D

That's good going, it'll all be worth it when it comes to :drink: . A tip to make the labelling look neat, just roll your labels up so that the little scrolls fit into the demijohn handles

I've just bottled the hooch into 2x 2 litre lemonade bottles. Decided to back sweeten it as it was a bit on the sour side.

Had a pint that didn't go in the bottles and although it was flat, it tastes great. Will need to brew more for the summer as I don't think it will last long.

CycoSymz said:
Yes I know, I need to improve my labeling technique :D

Not entirely different to what I do, except if you make 4 cuts in one end you can push the label down over the neck of the lock.
Something like this, position of 1st cut easily sorted by folding a corner over, rest by folding along 1st cut
Quick, easy, and also fits over winebottle tops
-----------------------------------------------
| |
| \ | / |
| \|/ |
| ----+---- |
| /|\ |
| / | \ |
| |
-----------------------------------------------

Latest posts

Back