Buying ingredients and kit from Ireland after 31st Dec 2020

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone actually bought stuff from the Homebrew Company since 1 January, and if so, were there any problems? I have used them a lot in the past but have been wary of added charges following all the horror stories at the start of the year.
Yes - no extra charges and my order was delivered via DPD in 4 days (which is actually a day quicker than it used to be). We're still in the transition phase which Boris has further extended for another 6 months so things will change January next year. But only I think in terms of who tax is paid to (by THBC) and import duties on larger orders.

My last order took 2 weeks but that is the fault of the customs as the order was shipped the next day. Previous was here in 2 days so seems random, The haulier didn't help with its week long error code when trying to locate the parcel.

An Ankou - thank you for that information, but according to your profile you are in France - part of the EU single market with Ireland. I still wonder what would happen with an Ireland to UK purchase.

My last order took 2 weeks but that is the fault of the customs as the order was shipped the next day. Previous was here in 2 days so seems random, The haulier didn't help with its week long error code when trying to locate the parcel.

I had an order from THBC completely lost by DPD in 1999, They resent it: I don't know if they ever got any joy from the courier.

Yes - no extra charges and my order was delivered via DPD in 4 days (which is actually a day quicker than it used to be). We're still in the transition phase which Boris has further extended for another 6 months so things will change January next year. But only I think in terms of who tax is paid to (by THBC) and import duties on larger orders.

Thank you - I shall try them next time I order. My orders never approach the new threshold (£130 ?).

My last order took 2 weeks but that is the fault of the customs as the order was shipped the next day.
Think I've heard that when parcels are being shipped by a carrier from multiple senders, then any paperwork problems with one of the parcels will lead to the whole shipment being held up.

My last order got held in customs for 10 days. I’d not had any issues before that.

Latest posts

Back