Car enthusiasts?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At the moment I've got a weird lust for a diesel Citroen BX running a big turbo. Neighbour had one when I was a kid, never got bored of it rising up on it's hydropneumatic suspension on a morning :?

If I could have one vehicle, it'd have to be a landrover. When I was a nipper my folks had a 2.5 petrol Landrover Series 3 safari with a winch and the spare wheel on the bonnet and I loved it! I get to play with them at work (two Defender 110s and a Defender 130 Pickup) and the boss even lets me bring one home sometimes but it's not the same as having my own!

I'm mortgaged with 2 young kids, so I'm doing the bangernomics thing at the moment. I've had a '99 saab 9-3 for the last 4 years... unfortunately I've started visiting the Saab forums and found out how cheaply the engine can be "tweaked". £100 got me a 50% power increase to 220bhp, I'm now trying to find an equally cheap way of getting it to go in a straight line!

keith1664 said:
I'm mortgaged with 2 young kids, so I'm doing the bangernomics thing at the moment. I've had a '99 saab 9-3 for the last 4 years... unfortunately I've started visiting the Saab forums and found out how cheaply the engine can be "tweaked". £100 got me a 50% power increase to 220bhp, I'm now trying to find an equally cheap way of getting it to go in a straight line!

Ha, you should talk to my mate, he's got a beige '89 9000 Turbo with around 450bhp! Only cost him about a grand in mods to get that power and the car itself was £330 :eek:

Latest posts

Back