Charlbury Beer Festival & World Aunt Sally Competition

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slate Miner

Reaction score
A reminder for those who live in Oxfordshire (and beyond!) that the excellent Charlbury Beer Festival is taking place on Saturday 29th June at the Charlbury Cricket Club.

Great location right next to the Charlbury Railway Station, over 50 Real Ales to sample from, a good number of these will be from Oxfordshire Breweries, live music includes the very popular local Stonesfield band 'The Village Idiots'. :thumb:

The World Aunt Sally Competition is also taking place - not to be missed!

http://charlburybeerfestival.org/

:cheers:

I will be missing it...

...but I will be hurling sticks! The date coincides with a Memorial Day which the wonderful Strickland Arms in Ducklington hold for my late Father in Law to raise money for Alzheimer's charities. So while I won't be there I'll be playing and umpiring Aunt Sally and drinking my bodyweight in decent ale!

Maybe this year I'll actually score a point in competition! :lol: Maybe best get some practise in...

calumscott said:
I will be missing it...

...but I will be hurling sticks! The date coincides with a Memorial Day which the wonderful Strickland Arms in Ducklington hold for my late Father in Law to raise money for Alzheimer's charities. So while I won't be there I'll be playing and umpiring Aunt Sally and drinking my bodyweight in decent ale!

Maybe this year I'll actually score a point in competition! :lol: Maybe best get some practise in...

It's a slippery slope Calum, throwing sticks at a 'doll', an appreciation of real ale, next you'll be wearing socks with sandals, sporting a baggy green jumper and joining your local Morris Dancing Team :shock: ;)

Hope the Memorial Day at Ducky goes well. :thumb:

Slate Miner said:
calumscott said:
I will be missing it...

It's a slippery slope Calum, throwing sticks at a 'doll', an appreciation of real ale, next you'll be wearing socks with sandals, sporting a baggy green jumper and joining your local Morris Dancing Team :shock: ;)

But which one!?!?! Bampton's got three teams!!

Slate Miner said:
Hope the Memorial Day at Ducky goes well. :thumb:

It was hilarious last year, I expect this year will be no different. One year it'll no doubt be on a different weekend and I'll get up to Charlbury. Seems like a seriously well stocked beer festival. :thumb:

Latest posts

Back