Christmas minus 7...and counting

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dieseljockey

Regular.
Reaction score
Well guys & galls we're going in...7 days to the action...all leave is cancelled from this weekend. :( You'll have to report in by no later then this time next Monday....with any cornies you have full & polished so that you can see the swmbos face in them.
Any chimbo trees that are not covered in tinsel by that date will go through the chipper.
That's all for now....Stand easy.

synchronises his watch.... check.

trots off to the shelves to check ammunition stocks....

piddledribble said:
synchronises his watch.... check.

trots off to the shelves to check ammunition stocks....

Ammunition Ye beer gods.... :pray: I was only going to use a pointed stick. :?

Ahhhh the countdown :roll:

My leave chitty was filled in and approved weeks ago :tongue:

This myserhabul ghytte is ahead of you on my countdown, only 4 more sleeps and we head off on Friday morning, join the cruise ship on Saturday for 2 weeks of warmth and overindulgence of food and wine :thumb:

For the first time in 32 years we are not going to have to wait hand and foot on all and sundry, (or work, I worked 10 christmases in a row) it's finally our turn :cheers:

Hope the rest of you have a great time and your relatives don't stay too long :whistle:

Dieseljockey said:
Well guys & galls we're going in...7 days to the action...all leave is cancelled from this weekend. :( You'll have to report in by no later then this time next Monday....with any cornies you have full & polished so that you can see the swmbos face in them.
Any chimbo trees that are not covered in tinsel by that date will go through the chipper.
That's all for now....Stand easy.

HUMBUG
put the trees through the chipper now with or without the decorations on and just get ****** out of our heads like we do every weekend

sledgehammer said:
HUMBUG
put the trees through the chipper now with or without the decorations on and just get ****** out of our heads like we do every weekend

Ah, the difference is, we get to do it WITH TINSEL!

Humbug :(

I sit here surrouned by various ornaments, trees, cards etc and the house is lit up like, well, a christmas tree :( I offer paccification of SWMBO as my defence. Up until 7 years ago christmas was marked by the odd card on the mantelpiece, then I foolishly proposed and was accepted (we still disagree over who was daftest at the time), christmases since then haven't just been about lashings of food and booze, but have had to include shopping and decorations!

Humbug

Humbug indeed.

Why? I mean really Why?

I cant stand organised fun. I can stand even less an entire day of organised fun for the entire planet. You are hereby ordered to proceed to the 25th December whereupon you will have fun at any cost.

Stick your xmas up your nought.

jonewer said:
Humbug indeed.

Why? I mean really Why?

I cant stand organised fun. I can stand even less an entire day of organised fun for the entire planet. You are hereby ordered to proceed to the 25th December whereupon you will have fun at any cost.

Stick your xmas up your nought.

Yay, a fellow scrooge :D I share your pain, I'd be much less miserable about Christmas if folk weren't so insistant on me having fun and enjoying the day :)

Ha I'm having a full three course curry for xmas dinner for the 3rd year in a row. And for nibbles before

397130_147920368689734_656179200_n.jpg

nothing like xmas :D

Its a cool 10c here at the 'mo but then again i do have 11 crates of booze conditioning and hopefully it will all be ready for the big day. We are off to a m8's house this year and i'm the chef for the day.
Mulled wine tested last night - check - own brew - very nice
Baileys mad from all natural ingredients including the condensed and evap milks - check - superb!
Xmas MP3 DVD's burned - 2 of em so wont run out of tunes
Mead 1 year old and ready for decking
Barley wine ready
Testing tonight - Winters stout, London Pride, Winters Bitter, Apple cider, and Pear cider.
:cheers: :thumb:

I hate it. End Of.

Not got the Christmas joy at all and unlikely to by Christmas eve.

Role on Jan 2nd.

I take that back !

first lot of bloody carol singers at the door !

Its peeing down with rain so I made them sing another 2 songs............. :twisted:

cheered me up actually. :D

graysalchemy said:
I hate it. End Of.

Not got the Christmas joy at all and unlikely to by Christmas eve.

Role on Jan 2nd.

While I agree with you about Christmas, what's the downer on NYE? It's the one part of the holiday that make up for the rest of the enforced jollity.

No pressure to be happy, just meet your mates, drink, talk cr@p and drink some more, a true pagan festival where it's all about pleasing yourself :D

Wassail! While not just a new year's salute, it does get used a bit where I'm from once the fat boy has buggered off back to lapland :)

TRXnMe said:
No pressure to be happy, just meet your mates, drink, talk cr@p and drink some more, a true pagan festival where it's all about pleasing yourself :D

She stopped that this year, and as for nye and nyd for that matter like xmas with mil. :twisted:

Role on Jan 2 2013.

Anyone giving brew as a present this year? Did a batch of stout for the bloakes in my family.

zy5a7e3e.jpg

A bit of a Scrooge tactic as I know I'm probably gonna get the bottles back of my family. I've lost so many good Duval and swing tops already to "friends".

I think Bachus probably gets worshiped as much as Jesus this time of the year!

dutajube.jpg

Latest posts

Back