Cloudy Wherry Real Ale Bitter

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stp78

Reaction score
Hi
Brewed the above and kegged it using 80g of silverspoon sugar and then had it in the house for 7 days and 14 in the garage but has not cleared could this be because it has been below freezing out side?
Help Please :wha:

It took my werry about 5 - 6 weeks to drop crystal clear but i kept it at a temperature which didnt fall below 10oc. Im drinking it from the cornie as we speak. A nice pint but a little on the sweet side for me.

I always found that 21 days would be plenty for a kit beer to drop bright, 31 is probably right, could be a chill haze :thumb:

This is the second wherry Ive done the last one I bottled and it came out perfect
The only thing Ive done different this time is Keg it.

It takes a lot longer for the yeast to drop through the 30 inches of beer in a keg than it does to drop through the 10 inches of beer in a bottle ;)

My wherry is 7 weeks in the barrel and still not clear. I thinks its a chill haze as its stored in my internal garage so temps will drop to about 5 degrees at the moment. It's not stopping me from drinking it though :party:

the sugar silverspoon is made from sugar beet and if you put some in a glass of hot water you would see that it is a bit hazzy what you really need is cane sugar and thats tate and lyle .
that is probably what you are seeing nothing to worry about if you dont like the look of it just drink it out of a non see through glass, if you dont care ( and I dont unless it s got a big head) then just drink it.

My wherry was kegged in the garage from sept and took 8-10 weeks to clear. It also started off a little sweet but is now fantastic.

As jamesb told me at the time when I asked the same question, just have a little patience!

Regards

Roy

Latest posts

Back