Cloudy with no head

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonnyD

Regular.
Reaction score
As the title says. AG brew and it's cloudy and keeps no head. I assume it's proteins in the beer. Any advice is greatly appreciated for next.

image.jpg

Cloudy beer takes time to clear, do you chill before serving? If so then it could be chill haze.

Head retention can also come with time, however wheat malt can help with head retention.

It's not chill haze, don't chill it. It's been left to keg for 3 weekend then left it for a month.

whatever..it doesn't look conditioned...needs longer

What yeast did you use? Any what malt / adjuncts etc.?

Some yeasts e.g. US05 - are a b***er to clear; adding wheat to the mash also can lead to a clearing problem depending on the mash

Well PD is quite right :thumb: but life's toooo short to wait usually

If it tastes good - just enjoy. Can't see anything obvious in the info you gave

S-04 is a really good clearer

You could try finings (sheet Gelatine from Tesco say) in the keg but a bit fiddly if they are already pressurised

Usually I'm drinking and enjoying the cloudy stuff when it happens like this - and then have the pleasure of seeing the last pint pour clear as it comes out of the tap :lol:

I've found that the two kits I did retain head for no more than a minute, even in an activated glass... this one I'm drinking now (5 weeks in the cool) still has no real head, it is however, fizzy.. why is this? Having a similar problem.

Done 2 AGs so far, they are wheat beers! No head problems with those. But I've just done alemans effin oatmeal stout and am hoping I don't have head problems..

On a side note... not too bothered about cloudy beer, chill haze or not. As long as it tastes good :thumb:

Latest posts

Back