CO2 guage flow not PSI

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fizz head1982

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi, I am trying to force carbonate without blowing myself up. :rofl:

WIKA 0-10 Bar

It has scale for argon in red and CO2 in black. The black scale is l/min and goes from 0 to 28. It wont serve until its on 4... I assume this is litres per minute of flow rather than pressure. So, what setting should I use to force carbonate?

:hmm:

I was googling and found this:

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/litre-m ... ndex2.html

Bottom of page 2:
Hey boys just wanted to post the info. I weld a bunch and use l/min regulators all the time. The little ones that come on a small mig are great for home brew. Yes you can just replace the gauge with a psi gauge. And here are some measurements. I just hooked a psi gauge to my regulated line and got

11 liters per min. = 10psi
14 liters per min. = 20psi
18.5 liters per min. = 30psi

Just useful info

But this was based upon his CO2 tank, its orifice, his lines etc... Am I playing with danger here? I am electrician by trade and this is my first time playing with gas, it might as well be black magic and voodoo... :oops:

i'm a welder and he should be ok but i would go to 11 psi max and the videos on youtube i have watched about force carbonating have used 11 psi max , also depends on the barrels you use, they were using keggerator barrels i used a wilko special and it split!!! :doh: also in my opinion these are better but if you have a hydrolic/pneumatic outlet near you (like i do :D ) you can get it for about £8.. admin made me delete the link but if you look on ebay for a homebrew gauge

Cheers mate, i am using a 19 litre AEB brand stainless steel keg tested to 130 PSI. Reckon I'll be ok with 14 litres per min? 20 PSI seems to be what others are using for this type of keg.

obaldy1 said:
admin made me delete the link but if you look on ebay for a homebrew gauge
Admin didn't make you delete the link. You need to have a minimum of 5 posts to be able to post links as an anti spam measure. If you pm me the link, I can insert it for you.

you can make an inline pressure gauge with bits of ebay for about a tenner plus pnp of course..

a gauge with a 1/4" BSP m fitting
a f/f 1/4" bsp socket
a 3/8" JG to 1/4"bsp M fitting
and a 3/8" equal T or Y

tho if u can find a 3/8" jg to 1/4" bsp F bit u wont need the socket ;)

connect em all up with a liberal wrapp of ptfe or gas sealing tape round all threads and fit it inline after the reg to tell u the psi ;)

Latest posts

Back