Co2 keg filling new technique,,,, Doh

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Druncan

Senior Moments
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've just been filling the cornies from my 150L BB conical. Cold crash then dump yeast then gravity drop, then connect up pump and keep on filling. I stick a CO2 scavenged gas bag on top to stop oxidation.

Then the bag ran out so I connected a pipe straight from the co2 cylinder and put a wee bit of pressure on instead. Carried on filling and noticed it filled even with the pump switched off.:oops::rolleyes::roll:clapa

Removed the pump out the loop. Filled the rest with CO2 gas pressure,,,,, so easy, less cleaning and reduced risk of contamination.:cool:
Never too old to learn a new trick!:laugh8:

……

Then the bag ran out so I connected a pipe straight from the co2 cylinder and put a wee bit of pressure on instead. Carried on filling and noticed it filled even with the pump switched off.:oops::rolleyes::roll:clapa

…..
Never too old to learn a new trick!:laugh8:
Got to the quote and thought “This should be in a different thread!” and was pleasantly surprised that it went so well!

100% agree that we’re never too old to learn something new!

Well done!
clapaclapa

If kegs are primed with co2 why not just add line from gas on last keg back to fermenter, I've done this on a daisy chain from 60l filling 3 kegs
2022-05-03 10.47.13.jpg

2022-05-03 10.47.22.jpg

Back