Co2

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soton

some random guy
Reaction score
I have been looking around for CO2 in my area and was starting to think it was as rare as hens teeth, anyway I called into the big calor gas by me and they told me they can only exchange if I already have a bottle but can't supply a bottle! but told me they deal with air lakey gas who seem to be also called air liquid gas, with days and days of googleing for CO2 I never ever turned up air liquid gas!, anyway it turns out they are quite a big supplier and have agents everywhere and I have one close by me :-D the supplier I rang to enquire about gas can sort me out a CO2 bottle, the 6kg one for £50 and then £40 a refill, this seems a bit pricey but its more convenient for me then couriers ect, if anyone is struggling for CO2 try the link at the bottom of this post for them and try search on there to see if you have a supplier near your area
good luck

http://www.uk.airliquide.com/en/contact-us/agent-network.html

that seems a lot... i have a small bottle i use with my fish bottle is about 18" high and costs me 12-13 a year/ 6 refil

that seems a lot... i have a small bottle i use with my fish bottle is about 18" high and costs me 12-13 a year/ 6 refil

yes it is a lot but without driving miles to collect a bottle or refill ( one place 25 miles away wanted £19 collection fee for ME to collect it and £60 for the bottle and £40 a refill) or pay at least £30-£40 courier plus the cost of the gas on top its the best deal I can find :-(
This way at least when i need a refill its close by

I'd go for the convenience of a local supplier. 6kg is gonna last almost forever :drink:

I'd go for the convenience of a local supplier. 6kg is gonna last almost forever :drink:

Yes thats what I thought, I posted about it on here just incase anyone else was struggling to get CO2 so it might give someone else another option :cheers:

have a search for Beer gas southampton.. gives several suppliers, air liquide, boc. airproducts are all going to be top dollar, but local suppliers are usually able to offer a more competitive deal.

have a search for Beer gas southampton.. gives several suppliers, air liquide, boc. airproducts are all going to be top dollar, but local suppliers are usually able to offer a more competitive deal.

Thanks for taking the time to take a look but I did all that and most local gas suppliers don't seem to stock CO2 and when you contact them they never seemed that interested in a humble home brewer, so liquid gas was the best option, the air products supplier wanted to charge me £19 collection fee plus the refill at £40.
If I could be bothered to drive to Andover (about 40 minutes drive away) they have a garden centre there and going by what I have read online about them they will be half the price but the drive there just dose not make it worth while

Ask in your local pub they get regular deliveries and if they can/are willing to pass on there discounts its cheap and convinient. If nothing else they may tell you where they get it from. Mine got me a new 6.35Kg one for £37.60.

Refill at local fire prevention company. We have a few around North devon.
Only just got cylinder so won't know details for a while

Once you have a bottle (cant remember the capacity of mine,but its about 4ft tall) you can normally get them refilled for around £15-£20 in most hydroponic shops,heres a couple in the Southampton area for you to try.

Southern Hydro Centre
southernhydrocentre.co.uk
9 Malmesbury Rd
Southampton
023 8070 4080

3 Counties Hydroponics Southampton
3ch.co.uk
Unit 15, Moon River Pines, 3 Counties Hydroponics Southampton
Fir Tree Ln, Fair Oak, Southampton
023 8069 2405

Failing that,welding supply companies usually refill bottles for you too...

Back