Getting S30 cylenders

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Desmnd

Reaction score
Hi. I used to get my supplies from home brew on line based in York even S30. Most suppliers wont ship these. No it is gone I have to travel up to 200 miles across the UK to get a replacment. Do anyone (in UK) use these and how do you cope with the problem. Using the green soda syphone bottles is expensive.

Just spoke to a shop on line who inform me that Hambelton Bard have stopped refilling. You have to buy a new one every time. I am heraring that Hambelton Bard sold out to a company called Brew gas.

Last edited:
You can get an adapter that goes on a Sodastream bottle which adapts it to fit S30 barrel valves.
https://www.co2supermarket.co.uk/sodastream-hambleton-bard-s30-homebrew-p498.html
You'll obviously need a Sodastream bottle as well, but at least you can get them filled locally. I think Sodastream have brought in a new bottle type, so make sure you get the screw type, not the new "quick connect" type.

Brewgas are supplied by Hampstead Homebrew.
We get all of ours from there, but not sure if they supply to the public...

I have heard that Hambelton have sold out to BrewGas and there is another valve L30. What is the diffrence between S30 and L30. Are they interchangeable?

Fermenting problems. . .
I have the beer fermenting at home. The problem is that the summer heat is forcing the room temperature up. At best 22-23c There are bubles rising but that SG is persistant at 1.040

Last edited:
ok but bubbles rising so not dead. Temperate due to fall now so that will make a diffrence. Usualy drops 10 a day.

What I have been concerned about is if th temperature rose much above 23-24 then it would kill the yeast off and destroy the beer.

Latest posts

Back