Cold calling...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony

Landlord.
Reaction score
:D :D :D
Just had a cold call for printer ink, 8.30 on a sunday morning!!!!!

The other day I saw Stephen Fry on the box who said he uses one of two standard comments to anyone who calls
1. Excuse me for stopping you full-flow, but you have a lovely voice; what are you wearing?
2. I'm sorry to stop you there, but have you heard about our lord and saviour?

Thought I'd try number two as it was sunday. I never got the opportunity to use a follow-up comment ... he'd ran off!

Heh heh :D

Great line, I must try to remember it :rofl:

Unfortunately, I only seem to think of the good comment when it's just that little bit too late.

A while ago I was alone in the house, doing some woodwork down the cellar, and came up to make myself a drink when the doorbell rang.

So I opened the front door, covered from head to foot in sawdust, ear muffs dropped down around my neck and, of course, wearing the obligatory safety goggles, to be greeted by a pair of Mormons or JWs or somesuch. I rebuffed them with quite a polite “I'm sorry, I really haven't got time for this right now”, closed the door and thought - I wish I'd said “or I'll never get this Ark finished in time!”

What would you suggest for the ones that keep coming round after scrap metal and trying to buy my old land rovers.

Cheers Graham.

When I get cold called about mobile phones I tell the we don't use mobiles or computers or any electronic devices at all as it is against my religion to use such devices. Usually works even if they have rung you on your mobile

:rofl: :rofl:

damn i just recieved a call 2 mins before reading this thread wish i had read it before i'll have to remember next time

:cheers:

phoenix68 said:
What would you suggest for the ones that keep coming round after scrap metal and trying to buy my old land rovers.

Cheers Graham.

Tell them that of course they can buy them but they'll have to pay extra as the lord rides shotgun

:D

Tony said:
phoenix68 said:

Cheers Graham.

Tell them that of course they can buy them but they'll have to pay extra as the lord rides shotgun

:D

Or Shogun, :lol: Actually it's a Pajero, but same thing ;)

Back