DAB Radio aeriel.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snail59

Regular.
Reaction score
Is it possible to get a new Aeriel fitted to a portable radio. I have just purchased a couple of boxes of bit's n bob's at auction and there is a Roberts RD-45 DAB radio in amongst the bit's but the top of the Aeriel has snapped off. I only paid £3 for the two boxes and the radio is worth £40 new. It works and tunes in but reception on DAB is not brilliant with the broken aerial.

It's OK folks I have found out the Aeriel is just held on by a small screw and I can get a new Aerial from Fleabay for a couple of quid. So looks like I could have got myself a bargain :thumb:

This may sound stupid but make sure it is the right one.

I broke my ariel a few months ago and fitted a spare one I had from an old radio. I spend most of my time trying to keep it up against the kitchen cupboard to balance it. Even though it is screwed in tight it becomes loose after a few days.

aneray said:
This may sound stupid but make sure it is the right one.

I broke my ariel a few months ago and fitted a spare one I had from an old radio. I spend most of my time trying to keep it up against the kitchen cupboard to balance it. Even though it is screwed in tight it becomes loose after a few days.

Not at all. I have tried fitting the aeriel off an old FM radio and it does the same. Also wont get DAB with that aeriel think there made of different stuff.

Job done. Cut the head off a nail pushed the headless nail into the broken Aeriel then pushed the top section of Aeriel onto the other end of the headless nail and there you have it one full size Aeriel. Got a mains adaptor for £2.99 from b&m this morning so I now have a working Roberts DAB radio (with manual) for the princely sum of £6.25. Bargain :party: and the Mrs has got 2 copper Jelly moulds and a Brass waste paper bin for free :D .

Back