Dark ale or Stout kit recommendations

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orval62

Apprentice
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good Stout or dark ale kit.? I do prefer bitters but would like a go at a darker beer. Birthday soon so I can put it on my list.

Cheers!

Thanks Stew, Will look at this some decent reviews on the forum

I'd say go with the Coopers too, it's a decent kit and you can add plenty of extras. I went with 1kg dark DME and some treacle and it came out great.

Just ordered a can from Wilkos, but this may be my first brew going off track and adding some extras. Cheers

Hi there I can recommend Coppers Brewmaster Irish Stout a great tasting stout. Also Coopers Stout was nice but not (in my opinion) as good as the Irish Stout. Then there is Coopers Dark Old Ale another delicious Brew. I have also had great success with The Wilko's Dark Velvet Stout which I have made 4 times and have another 2 ready to brew. I have made this with brown sugar and treacle and the results both in the pressure barrel and in the bottle have been first class. Wilkos currently doing a great home brew sale 25% off the Coopers selling at just over a tenner and their own brand at about £7.50. Hope this helps.:cheers:

Back