Decent bottling wand?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Years ago I used a bottling wand, but it was fernickety and I gave up. Since then I bottle by pouring from conditioning tank to jug, and then from jug via funnel into bottle.

This works well, but I always have this vague anxiety about aeration. I know I should take my own advice and not worry because I am happy with the results. But...

Does anyone use a bottling wand that works, without fuss, reliably?

Many thanks

Cheers, OFAP

Years ago I used a bottling wand, but it was fernickety and I gave up. Since then I bottle by pouring from conditioning tank to jug, and then from jug via funnel into bottle.
This works well, but I always have this vague anxiety about aeration. I know I should take my own advice and not worry because I am happy with the results. But...
Does anyone use a bottling wand that works, without fuss, reliably?
Many thanks
Cheers, OFAP

Have a look at this thread -

https://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/threads/tips-on-syphoning.98587/

I bought a cheap plastic one from a brewshop and it worked but was very sloooooow.
Bought a cheaper stainless one on Aliexpress that has a bigger diameter and is much faster, plus it disassembles easily for cleaning and came with a brush. Replacing the red silicone o-rings is a simple job that I'll do soon as they're getting worn.

I bought a cheap plastic one from a brewshop and it worked but was very sloooooow.
Bought a cheaper stainless one on Aliexpress that has a bigger diameter and is much faster, plus it disassembles easily for cleaning and came with a brush. Replacing the red silicone o-rings is a simple job that I'll do soon as they're getting worn.
Thanks

Latest posts

Back