Does anyone else sit in the office thinking about brewing and beer?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dream about beer at work all the time, not at a desk though. I'm usually up some step ladders, I'll fall off one of these days 😁

It was a Pharma site and it takes that long to transfer the products and get regulatory approval at other sites. In fact one of the products we used to make transferred to Brasil cannot get approval there until 2019, 4 years after we closed!
I spend the last year or so scouring the site for anything made of stainless steel that was no longer wanted. I have a bespoke stainless steel vessel approx 90 litres that cost �£1600 to make and was never used! Also got 6 stainless 150 litre bins that were pharma grade SS, passed these on to a local brewery as they were too big for my kitchen, it almost became an obsession walking around saying " I could make beer with that"!

Oh yes, I could easily see how pharmaceutical manufacturing equipment lends itself well to beer making! I would have done the same, hehehe :thumb:

I dream about beer at work all the time, not at a desk though. I'm usually up some step ladders, I'll fall off one of these days 😁

One place I worked, a colleague was made the ladder safety inspector. He travelled around the South east logging serial numbers and last inspection dates to ensure they were all safe and to train people how to walk up a ladder. As I'm sure you will appreciate he was very popular......not.

Ladder police as he was known :lol:

One place I worked, a colleague was made the ladder safety inspector. He travelled around the South east logging serial numbers and last inspection dates to ensure they were all safe and to train people how to walk up a ladder. As I'm sure you will appreciate he was very popular......not.

Ladder police as he was known :lol:

It's a tough career in the ladder police, you have to start right at the bottom and make your way up slowly, no shortcuts to the top!

Not in an office but yes...and I can relate to looking differently at the equipment that I use on a daily basis....pipes,pumps, heat exchangers, filters of many sizes,great big shiny vessels....
As for you self employed lot...take yourselves down to hr. ...give yourself a big part on the back and order some nice bonus brewing stuff!

3years!! Wow, that sounds almost a public sector amount of time?! Well here's to making more time for the finer (brewing) things in life.

My experience of the public sector must be different to yours. Long gone are the days of enhanced packages, and even then I know people in the private sector who enjoyed fantastic benefits when the time came.

People get sacked (or forced to resign) in the public sector all the time. It can happen quickly, with no pay off, if you have a boss who doesn't mess about.

better sitting in a office thinking about beer
than sitting in beer thinking about a office :grin::lol:

So true - well almost home time for me. Going to tuck into a nice mosaic IPA this evening. Does anyone have a beer bods subscription? They send you a box of 12 beers and an email each week about a beer to get stuck into. Well worth the money.

I dream about grains being mashed to help me sleep. Think about the procedure so hopefully I've improved for the next brew day

Just thinking "I hope the stout does't puke the FV"

Currently sat in the office trying to find a saison recipe - may try one of the partial mash kits!
Does anyone have experience with the extract saisons?

Latest posts

Back