drum tap back nuts

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shocker

Landlord.
Reaction score
I have a few drum taps that have surfaced strangely missing backnuts .Does anyone know of a suitable mail order vendor who will not charge silly delivery for a few small plastic parts ?

Also ,I have seen ,in online brewing shops ,black plastic drum taps that appear the same as the ones sold for water butts by garden suppliers .IN years gone by it was a rule of thumb that coloured plastics should be avoided but nowadays many foodgrade plastics are coloured .Does anyone know if these are in fact the same items ?Some brewshops even have the ones with hoselock fittings on ,which leads me to wonder....

Obviously I am not going to let some extreme penny pinching risk me losing a brew ,but it would be nice to know !

Also ,I have seen ,in online brewing shops ,black plastic drum taps that appear the same as the ones sold for water butts by garden suppliers .IN years gone by it was a rule of thumb that coloured plastics should be avoided but nowadays many foodgrade plastics are coloured .Does anyone know if these are in fact the same items ?Some brewshops even have the ones with hoselock fittings on ,which leads me to wonder....
I've been using the maroon coloured versions on my fv's for about 5 years, assuming they are food safe. They are identical to the water butt taps, I have a WB tap to compare. I've not had a look at one for a while but I would think they're stamped as to plastic type.

Glad to hear you found the back nut :party:

Latest posts

Back