Dunfie`s King Robert IPA

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickthebrew

Landlord.
Reaction score
I was fortune enough (OK maybe a few hints were dropped ;) ) to recieve a bottle of Callum`s King Rober IPA in the post a couple of days ago, a beer in the style of brewdog`s PUNK IPA - a very well rated and tasty hoptastic brew :cool: A favourite of mine along with other strong, pale and highly hopped brews!

So the bottle was very well presented with an excellent informative label with a pic of big will !
IMGP2906.jpg
IMGP2908.jpg

I had been told by callum that the beer was a little over carbonated so chilled for around 45mins and opened and poured into a jug before poring into a pint glass.
IMGP2909.jpg

every one likes a bit of head so on with the tasting, on opening there was a good aroma of citrus hops - the carbonation was a little high but soon settled down. WOW :shock: big big hop flavours, big citrusy and marmalade flavours - the chinook is really prominent without being overly bitter - at 60ibu the smoothness of the beer was great, smooth and tangy and well balanced, the hop flavour is the main profile and the yeast choice (US-05) was spot on, my yeast of choice.
In comparison with brewdogs PUNK IPA - very very simular, maybe not quite as full on flavour as the punk but a great brew that is easily as good as the brewdog brew, without putting it up as a side to side comparison its an equal beer for me :thumb:
Thanks for the beer callum - i really enjoyed it and hope you like the proper job that will be in the post next week - its such a simular beer must be all that chinook!!!!!!

Callum`s original post is here
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=6948
will be brewing this soon :party:

Would you like a flake with that Sir? :lol:

It still looked a bit cloudy from the journey but glad you enjoyed it and thanks for the generous review. :thumb:

I think my impatience and unsteady pour resulted in a a slighty cloudy pint - :oops: really enjoyed it though and would reccomend the recipe to anyone :thumb:
AT has just posted an impressive looking Tomahawk AIPA recipe that looks like the sort of thing we like to brew :cool:

AT's looks like a real cracker.

I am planning on entering this one at Skipton in September. The carbonation will kill it but it will be interesting to get the comments from the judges.

Latest posts

Back