First Ever Bulldog Kit Made

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Graz

Landlord.
Reaction score
I've been brewing kits for quite a few years but until yesterday had never made anything from the Bulldog range.

Whilst the kit itself is nothing out of the ordinary what I'd like to comment on is the excellent way in which they supply the extract.

In the old days we had tins and these were and still are fine, warm them up first, empty into fermenter, rinse out with hot water and again empty into fermenter whilst trying not to burn yourself (oven gloves or tea towel).

The there were pouches, I find these much more of a faff as they aren't so easy to rinse out / empty into the fermenter without risking severe burns :)

However the pouch / bag with the Bulldog kits is excellent, after warming open the lid and remove the seal, easily empty the contents into the fermenter and you can then squeeze as much of the residue out as you can without getting sticky malt everywhere. Then you can refill with warm water (hot enough to dissolve the residue), put the lid back on, give it a good shake and then empty this into the FV. I even used the bag to fetch the water to top up the fermenter to the required amount as it held quite a lot of fluid. Much less hassle than anything else.

Here's a pic if you're not sure what I'm on about :D Looking forward to drinking this, start of the autumnal / winter brewing.

20130601_115059_zps5a915cd6.jpg

Latest posts

Back