Football Season 2022/23.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

With half the season gone who will win this season's Premier League?

• Arsenal

• Manchester City

• Manchester United

• Newcastle

• Other - pleast post in thread

Results are only viewable after voting.
I wish we had kept Sterling for a couple of seasons I think he would have made a difference.

From what Iv'e been reading the past couple of days City could be in serious mire there is talk points deducted,(that means the Woolwich wanderers will definitely win the premiership :mad:) also premier league titles taken away from them and also a possibility of relagation.

Fantastic win for the Spurs on Sundayclapa:beer1:athumb..

From what Iv'e been reading the past couple of days City could be in serious mire there is talk points deducted,(that means the Woolwich wanderers will definitely win the premiership :mad:) also premier league titles taken away from them and also a possibility of relagation.

About time 😉

I'm not worried, frankly I welcome it. I'm confident it'll come to nothing and it'll kill the noise once and for all.

If we have been cheating/gaming the system then we'll have to take the punishment. But I absolutely expect the same rules and punishment to be applied to others. I suspect there'll be some other worried PL Boardrooms.

From what Iv'e been reading the past couple of days City could be in serious mire there is talk points deducted,(that means the Woolwich wanderers will definitely win the premiership :mad:) also premier league titles taken away from them and also a possibility of relagation

It's been discussed on 5live most of the morning general opinion seems to be it's old news from when they got pulled last time and they are raking it up again, it's the press doing what they do best making a mountain out of a molehill.

If Man City are guilty they deserve to have points deducted they are not above the law, if they lose points and don't win the title this season so be it they cannot win every season and looking at how Arsenal are playing and how off form City are at the moment there is a good chance City wouldn't have won it anyway.

The Premier League has charged Manchester City with more than 100 breaches of its financial rules following a four-year investigation.

It has referred the club to an independent commission over alleged rule breaches between 2009 and 2018.

It also accused City of not co-operating since the investigation started in December 2018.

City said they were "surprised" by the charges and are supported by a "body of irrefutable evidence".

The commission can impose punishments ranging from a fine and points deduction to expulsion from the Premier League.

"Manchester City is surprised by the issuing of these alleged breaches of the Premier League Rules, particularly given the extensive engagement and vast amount of detailed materials that the EPL has been provided with," the club said in a statement.

"The club welcomes the review of this matter by an independent commission, to impartially consider the comprehensive body of irrefutable evidence that exists in support of its position.

"As such we look forward to this matter being put to rest once and for all."

BBC Sport

If Man City are guilty they deserve to have points deducted they are not above the law, if they lose points and don't win the title this season so be it they cannot win every season and looking at how Arsenal are playing and how off form City are at the moment there is a good chance City wouldn't have won it anyway.
Apparently, any points deduction takes effect in the season that the finding is made.

Not sure how that works until the full extent of the (legal?) process is exhausted. I'd imagine that if the finding goes against us then the Legal process would-be lengthy.

So it might impact the 2035 season when NUFC are chasing their 10th title in a row after spending £200BN building the greatest youth team ever assembled in order to get around homegrown quotas/ffp/sanctions implemented by the UK's newly appointed PM, V Putin.

I bet Juventus thought they would be ok. Needs to be an independent investigation. Too many corruption already in football.

Fans have been slating his management style for a while on 606 and have called for him to be sacked, i guess they didnt believe him when he said 'Statistically there weren't many better than me'

'Statistically there weren't many better than me'

After Southampton lost 3-0 at Brentford last week, Nathan Jones claimed he had been 'pandering' to others with his tactics:

"I was recruited to do a certain job, to play in a certain way because my teams did really well. We defended the box, we were aggressive, front-footed, we put teams under pressure, we pressed, we counter-pressed really well. Statistically there weren't many better than me.

"I've come here and gone away from that. I've got to get back to doing what we do really well. I won games and I've gone away from that. Whoever we played we'd go after teams. I'm not seeing that in my team now.

"I blame myself. I should be driving the standards. Everywhere I've been I've drove standards, I haven't let anyone get away with anything. I've been on top of everyone. I've maybe got carried away that these are Premier League players and you have to give them this and that, but no more. Now I have to go back and to be me because that's not good enough."

BBC Sport.

Last edited:

Adam Blackmore
@AdamBlackmore

Nathan Jones is the shortest-serving permanent manager in #SaintsFc history The club have gone backwards in 3 months The next man up needs to command respect from players instantly, unite the fans and the club again behind him & who has a tactical plan we can believe in

Remember back in the day when managers stayed at clubs for years -

What will he get for the 3years and 3 months left on his contract?

7 November 2022: Southampton sack Ralph Hasenhuttl after nearly four years in charge.

10 November 2022: Saints appoint Nathan Jones on a three-and-a-half-year contract.

12 February 2023: Southampton sack Nathan Jones after 14 league and cup games in charge.

41 days ashock1
mmmmmmure.JPG

If Man C are deducted 15 points like Juventus were they’d still be above Liverpool and Chelsea 😜

The people who know a lot more about this than me don't think they will find anything when asked what they thought would happen if they did find something they said we will get a fine no point deduction.

5 Live reporting they are having a meeting about VAR today due to the awful decisions at the weekend, I didn't see them but apparently they were shockers.

I think it's time to let the refs make the decisions they will always make mistakes but VAR hasn't made it any better as its still down to a human making the final decision and it kills the atmosphere.

Back