• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Homebrew Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Free to good home

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stubrewworx

Regular.
Reaction score
There seems to be another thread offering this equipment as well as this one.

I'm interested, but there might be someone nearer than I am, or somebody just trying to get started and that would be better.

I'm interested, but there might be someone nearer than I am, or somebody just trying to get started and that would be better.

I did try sell it but no takers.

Suppose the pick only rules a lot out.

That was me, I put a link to this thread in a more popular forum as it's free.

I waited twelve hours to let other folks get a look in but apart from a request for the crates no crowds asking for them.

I sent you a pm stuworx.

Must pick up from York.

1x Tea electric urn boiler. Currently cuts out at 67c ish.

2x fermentors. Wilko screw top types. 1 has now actually got moss? On the inside due to leaving with water in.

2x pressure barrels.

A few German beer crates which hold 20 bottles.

Just reducing equipment due to impending house move.

Do you have any of this equipment left? If so it might be too late but I'm just starting out and live in Scotland. I will be able to collect at the end of July as I will be down that way then.

Do you have any of this equipment left? If so it might be too late but I'm just starting out and live in Scotland. I will be able to collect at the end of July as I will be down that way then.

Just PM'd Stuworx withdrawing my request in your favour as it is better that a new starter gets the gear.

Besides, I won £140 on the lottery last night so I am far too lucky to take the free stuff.

:)

Yay! what brewing stuff can I buy for £140?

Hi there, I am just getting back to brewing after a lay off and would be interested in the gear, I'm only from Holme on Spalding Moor so Pick up would be relatively easy, either this afternoon or the next opportunity for me would be Wednesday evening (if the kit is still unclaimed)

Just PM'd Stuworx withdrawing my request in your favour as it is better that a new starter gets the gear.

Besides, I won £140 on the lottery last night so I am far too lucky to take the free stuff.

:)

Yay! what brewing stuff can I buy for £140?

Well done. I wish I could win a couple hundred so I could get set up. I have 2 demijohns and 1 airlock so a long way to go to start brewing beer.

Well done. I wish I could win a couple hundred so I could get set up. I have 2 demijohns and 1 airlock so a long way to go to start brewing beer.

You'll save a ton of money brewing yourself. A ten quid brewing bin and Cooper's kits from Tesco (£10) a bit of DME and you can be making it for 50p a pint. Get a Wilco 12 litre pot a mashing bag which you can make yourself - say £20 and you are in business for BIAB. Take a squint at Clibit's Simple AG thread and you'll be knocking it out at 30p a pint or less. Maybe you have some old bottles or you could lash out £18.50 on a Tesco pressure barrel. I use them, and although I have a co2 injector cap, I don't use it. I get all the beer out nice and frothy with natural carbonation. Half way down the barrel it gives out, so I just put 50g of table sugar into a jug, pour 250ml boiling water on it, stir until dissolved, open the keg and tip it in. Four days in the warm, and it's back up to pressure and foaming out of the tap, so back out into the garage and away we go again. The second priming more than empties the keg. When the beer runs out, you get a woosh of gas at the end.

You'll save a ton of money brewing yourself. A ten quid brewing bin and Cooper's kits from Tesco (£10) a bit of DME and you can be making it for 50p a pint. Get a Wilco 12 litre pot a mashing bag which you can make yourself - say £20 and you are in business for BIAB. Take a squint at Clibit's Simple AG thread and you'll be knocking it out at 30p a pint or less. Maybe you have some old bottles or you could lash out £18.50 on a Tesco pressure barrel. I use them, and although I have a co2 injector cap, I don't use it. I get all the beer out nice and frothy with natural carbonation. Half way down the barrel it gives out, so I just put 50g of table sugar into a jug, pour 250ml boiling water on it, stir until dissolved, open the keg and tip it in. Four days in the warm, and it's back up to pressure and foaming out of the tap, so back out into the garage and away we go again. The second priming more than empties the keg. When the beer runs out, you get a woosh of gas at the end.

Brilliant, that sounds better than bottles and the way to go. I will be investing in a keg and a few bottles.

Hi guys.

I know some of you have pm me regarding these but through strange circumstances I didn't/couldn't reply.

I'm busy now until next week and then away til week after (glastonbury!).

I still have all equipment available but will catch up with you all later.

Sorry guys, didn't intentionally disappear.

Stu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back