Freezer to fermentation chamber conversion

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StubbsPKS

Regular.
Reaction score
Picking up a freezer tonight from freecycle.
Got my STC-1000 ordered.

Just need to get down to Maplin and get the two sockets and the project box to house the controller.

Eventually, I will need to get a tube heater as well, but I don't think I will need it right away considering the freezer will start out at room temp.

Will take loads of pics and post a how to once it's been made and works :thumb:

Good luck with that and make sure we get to see lots of piccies

I'm assuming it's a chest freezer you are getting, upright freezers are a PITA as they usually have pipework in them where the shelves are so don't enable you to fit anything at all big in them.

Chest freezers and any fridges tend to be the favourites.

It's an upright, but it has drawers apparently. If it's anything like my other freezer, the drawers should just slide right out leaving a decently large space :)

Edit: Well, the other drawers DO slide out... HOWEVER, there are ALSO shelves with the pipes running through them. Kinda sucks. May use it for a freezer for my food and then put temp control on a ferm wrap in my normal freezer... Should keep it at the right temp, but it will probably use a lot of electricity bc it will have to run constantly.... :cry:

Latest posts

Back