Frozen fruit in TC

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FridgeSpaceBrewing

Reaction score
Hi all. Got my first ever TC in DJs. I have frozen fruit in there (raspberries and blackberries) will the fruit last the whole time of fermentation or will they need fishing out before they go bad?

Thanks

When I've used fresh or frozen fruit I tend to rack off the fruit (siphon to a new sanitized vesal) around the 7 -10 day mark. It's more of a precaution than anything and it helps the cider to clear. I have had a peach wine in a bucket that was left for three weeks with peach slices floating on the top with no issue but the alcohol in that would have been around 13% so would have offered some protection.

When I've used fresh or frozen fruit I tend to rack off the fruit (siphon to a new sanitized vesal) around the 7 -10 day mark. It's more of a precaution than anything and it helps the cider to clear. I have had a peach wine in a bucket that was left for three weeks with peach slices floating on the top with no issue but the alcohol in that would have been around 13% so would have offered some protection.
I wondering if the alcohol produced will help protect it, but im no where near 13%. Ill take out between the days you suggest. Cheers

Would you suggest waiting until fermentation is complete before removing fruit?

Latest posts

Back