FTTP discount

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
This may help anyone here that has been waiting to get FTTP but has been put off by price or availability -

Broadband ISP BT Heavily Discounts 500Mbps and 900Mbps FTTP

New customers of BT’s fastest Fibre-to-the-Premises (FTTP) based home broadband packages may like to know that the ISP has launched several significant discounts, which drop their Full Fibre 500Mbps plan to just £30.99 and the 900Mbps tier to just £40.99 per month for the first 24-months of service. But there’s more

Customers who take the new discount will also have to pay a one-off upfront fee of £9.99 for postage, while the 500Mbps tier also bundles a 6 months’ Xbox Game Pass (rising to 12 months on the 900Mbps plan). BT has also introduced a discount for homebuyers (on new build sites), which cuts 150Mbps to £17.49 for 5 months (then £34.99), 500Mbps to £22.49 for 5 months (then £44.99) and 900Mbps to £27.49 for 5 months (then £54.99). But the one-off upfront charge on the latter is higher at £29.99.

BT’s customers can generally expect to receive an included wireless router, a 24-month contract term, unlimited data usage, Virus Protect, Parental Controls, the Stay Fast Guarantee (i.e. get the speeds they promise or £20 back) and free access to BT’s national network of public WiFi hotspots. Anybody taking the operator’s optional phone service will also get nuisance call blocking via Call Protect.

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.p...avily-discounts-500mbps-and-900mbps-fttp.html

Can't believe they are still trying to charge those prices when the likes of We Fibre are rolling our 1GB service for £20

Can't believe they are still trying to charge those prices when the likes of We Fibre are rolling our 1GB service for £20

That's why i mentioned "Availability" in the first line of the post, there are lots of suppliers about but if you are not in a big city or town you haven't a prayer of getting FTTP, BT are likely to be the only supplier for some time.

This may help anyone here that has been waiting to get FTTP but has been put off by price or availability -

That's why i mentioned "Availability" in the first line of the post, there are lots of suppliers about but if you are not in a big city or town you haven't a prayer of getting FTTP, BT are likely to be the only supplier for some time.
Far from it. With all the rural grants available the countryside will catch up.
We fibre rely on grants to set up. They need 100 signatures and then they apply for thr grant and fit the infrastructure. Not sure on timeliness but they are popping up all over here, all small villages are taking them up. We recently hit 100 signatures so await them setting up. I believe there are other companies targeting other rural areas.

I checked the BT line check and it came back between now and 2026 I am on fibre to the cabinet (FTTC) and get a solid 60 Mbps which works for us at the moment, if I change to a 4k TV I may need something faster but I have no plans at the moment so will wait until it arrives them decide then.

Far from it. With all the rural grants available the countryside will catch up.
We fibre rely on grants to set up. They need 100 signatures and then they apply for thr grant and fit the infrastructure. Not sure on timeliness but they are popping up all over here, all small villages are taking them up. We recently hit 100 signatures so await them setting up. I believe there are other companies targeting other rural areas.
Just gone from 10 FTTC to 950 up and down FTTP via InterntTY, a small local company. Had to apply for the 1500 quid install grant but was painless. They also bought me out of my contract and supplied a 200 quid plus router, not just some rebadged ****.

Im still pinching myself as I thought it would never happen with only 50 houses, 1 pub and a decommissioned phone box here.

200 Meg 20 quid, static IP to which is handy.

Last edited:
I checked the BT line check and it came back between now and 2026 I am on fibre to the cabinet (FTTC) and get a solid 60 Mbps which works for us at the moment, if I change to a 4k TV I may need something faster but I have no plans at the moment so will wait until it arrives them decide then.
I have 4k on not so fast connection,no issues. We fibre install their own cabinets

About to get connected with BeFibre, will be £29 month for 720Mbps and the first 6 months half price. They've put in their own infrastructure around the area so not BT/Openreach. Guess BT are having to realign their prices to what other providers are offering.

Latest posts

Back