Gallstones, the enemy of homebrewing

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Arcs have you recovered ?
Hey John,

Ok bud, for you and everyone else, I just wanna set the record straight. I have been diagnosed with stage two cancer of the stomach - that's not going to stop me from Homebrewing for sure. I've had so many diagnosis during the past 24 days spent in hospital. It's been ridiculous the amount of diagnosis I've had thrown at me. But the patent canvas has been stomach cancer. Although I did see many people with gallstones in one of the many wards i have been in during my stay at Aintree hospital. I am recovering from two post - ops now. Looking forward to the rest. Hopefully in a couple of weeks, i can get back brewing again.

I know this seems wrong and it does to me too, I went into hospital looking to get better, not for a cash hand out. Once my paper work is down and dusted, all that out of reach homebrew equipment may be much closer to my doorstep than I ever anticipated. I don't know how long I have left to live so I may as well make hay while the sun shines =) Right now my aim is just to get better, and if that's not possible, then leave enough money in the pot to pay for my funeral so my mother doesn't have to worry and get saddled with debt. But I am looking forward to reading all of your recipes! I didn't get to read much of anything so you bet I am gonna be on here =)

Arcs. That post was not what I was expecting at all. I am genuinely shocked to read your post but heartened to see you have a brilliant positive attitude toward it. I hope you stay strong and battle with all you have and brew when you are able to if it gives you pleasure.
All the best mate.

Latest posts

Back