getting the brew out..

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pjw

Reaction score
After i make a brew in a fermentation bucket, what is the best way to get it out and into bottles or a pressure barrel without disturbing it too much?

The best way is by fitting a tap to it, at the moment if you have no tap you need a syphon tube. This needs to be sterilised, you can avoid infecting the beer by filling the tube with water rather than sucking (mouths are full of bacteria) thumb over lower it and away you go..

Fit a tap though and save your self the hassle - tap is £2.00 from a LHBS and you just need the right sized hole saw bit on your drill

Wez said:
The best way is by fitting a tap to it, at the moment if you have no tap you need a syphon tube. This needs to be sterilised, you can avoid infecting the beer by filling the tube with water rather than sucking (mouths are full of bacteria) thumb over lower it and away you go..

Fit a tap though and save your self the hassle - tap is £2.00 from a LHBS and you just need the right sized hole saw bit on your drill

Absolutely right sod that syphoning nonsense get a bucket with a tap.

I dont have a problem fitting a tap to my fermenter, however do you have to take it off each time in order to sanitise properly?

Would an inch from the bottom be enough to get just brew and nothing from the bottom which is unwanted?

best practice is yes remove the tape when you clean, although i dont' all the time.

re where to put your hole, get a tap, hold it against the FV place it so you have 5mm clearance from the bottom, mark & cut :thumb:

Latest posts

Back