Hello all!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Droozle

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm a complete newbie to brewing and I'm overjoyed to have just bottled up my first forty bottles of IPA ready for christmas. No one is more surprised than me that its all gone without a hitch (so far!). I couldnt resist a cheeky half out of the leftovers from bottling and I'm well pleased with the result, bearing in mind its still awaiting carbonation and conditioning. Its just a kit IPA (Razorback) that I bought 3 years ago (believe it or not) and although the yeast was as dead as a doornail (replaced with a bakers yeast I had in the cupboard) everything else was fine. Looking forward to getting going on the Coopers Stout and Ruby Porter I've recently bought and picking some brains for tips. acheers.

Welcome to the forum thumb.

You might have dodged a bullet using bakers yeast as many forum members have posted it can leave off flavours.

Welcome to the forum thumb.

You might have dodged a bullet using bakers yeast as many forum members have posted it can leave off flavours.
Thanks! Yeah it was a gamble. I used the yeast in the kit and waited. Nothing happened so I bunged in the bakers yeast. The OG was 1.045 and the FG turned out 1.010 so not as strong as expected but no nasty flavours to report. Every day's a schoolday.

Latest posts

Back