Hi from the new guy.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmi

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
Hope you’re all well.

Just joined the forum so figured I’d better say hello and introduce myself.
I’m James and I hail from the flatlands known as Lincolnshire.

I have been brewing for a couple of years now, initially with kits. I’m the only beer drinker in the household so I found the 40 bottles or so was just too much and meant I wasn’t brewing as often as I hoped.

I then looked at small batch brewing and started brewing 5 - 10 litre batches using extract.
This what I’ve been doing for the last year and I’ve found it really useful and good fun, I’ve been able to brew plenty of different batches and learn more about hops as a result.

I’m now really tempted to go for the higher level and try some all grain brewing, still small batch though.

I have a feeling that this could be a slippery slope and I reckon I could probably use with plenty of advice and tips.

Anyway that’s me.
Hope you are all having or had a good day.
Catch up with you soon I’ve no doubt.

Cheers.
James.

Hi James.
I started in feb this year. Only brewing premium kits and plan to remain there until I retire in 3 years and have more time.
I too am the only beer drinker in the house but find friends and parent has taken a liking to my brews. I do 35-40 pint kits on a rolling system. Bottle and brew within days of each other. Trying to get a stock to allow me to exclusively drink my own.
There’s loads of friendly help here.

Hi everyone.
Hope you’re all well.

Just joined the forum so figured I’d better say hello and introduce myself.
I’m James and I hail from the flatlands known as Lincolnshire.

I have been brewing for a couple of years now, initially with kits. I’m the only beer drinker in the household so I found the 40 bottles or so was just too much and meant I wasn’t brewing as often as I hoped.

I then looked at small batch brewing and started brewing 5 - 10 litre batches using extract.
This what I’ve been doing for the last year and I’ve found it really useful and good fun, I’ve been able to brew plenty of different batches and learn more about hops as a result.

I’m now really tempted to go for the higher level and try some all grain brewing, still small batch though.

I have a feeling that this could be a slippery slope and I reckon I could probably use with plenty of advice and tips.

Anyway that’s me.
Hope you are all having or had a good day.
Catch up with you soon I’ve no doubt.

Cheers.
James.
Hi James and wellcome!

I´ve started direct with All-Grain brewing and, appart of some "newcommer" errors I´ve made, I do not think you will have big problems.
You should probably start with "All-Grain" kits. In my opinion the only big difference is the lautering/sparging process!

Good luck and good beers!
Luiz

Thank you for warm greetings and the encouragement already.
I will be sure to ask for help and advice as well as keeping you updated on my brewing endeavours.

James.

Back