Beginner brewer!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimhib

Reaction score
Hi all.

I’m Jim! I’m fairly new to brewing, I did brew 2 lots of beer around 6 years ago but they both got dumped.

Just made some Mead as I got given 20 demijohns and I’ve caught the brewing bug once again so started it off with 25l of ‘dark fruit’ turbo cider!

I’ve attached a photo of my current set up (in the kitchen, my wife is very understanding)

Located in South Yorkshire and I’d be keen to make some brewing friends round here. Hopefully looking to start all grain sooner rather than later maybe just in small batches first.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_2062.jpeg
    IMG_2062.jpeg
    66.9 KB · Views: 5
Just made some Mead as I got given 20 demijohns

in the kitchen, my wife is very understanding)
Welcome

Just made some Mead as I got given 20 demijohns

20 demis is quite a haul.

in the kitchen, my wife is very understanding

Mine isn't (although she likes the end product). I think I made 2 stove top brews before I was consigned to the shed. I thought the smell were lovely but I was in the minority apparently.

Hi all.

I’m Jim! I’m fairly new to brewing, I did brew 2 lots of beer around 6 years ago but they both got dumped.

Just made some Mead as I got given 20 demijohns and I’ve caught the brewing bug once again so started it off with 25l of ‘dark fruit’ turbo cider!

I’ve attached a photo of my current set up (in the kitchen, my wife is very understanding)

Located in South Yorkshire and I’d be keen to make some brewing friends round here. Hopefully looking to start all grain sooner rather than later maybe just in small batches first.

Thanks!

If that's rose infused mead in the gold DJ, the bung has popped 😁

Hi all.

Thanks!
Hi Jim and welcome to the forum. I`m a newbie to the forum as well but like yourself I have been once again bitten by the brewing bug.

Don`t be afraid to ask any questions as the members here are very knowledgeable and very helpful.

Remember the only stupid question is the question you never asked!

Good luck with your Mead my friend...... Let us know how it turns out.

Hi all.

Thanks!
Hi Jimhib I would be grateful for your recipe for making the dark fruit cider,it's very popular with the young ones ... old enough to drink alcohol of course .

Hi Jimhib I would be grateful for your recipe for making the dark fruit cider,it's very popular with the young ones ... old enough to drink alcohol of course .
Hi scotty. I used 18l of apple juice, 2l of vimto and 3l of water. Then added strong tea and cider yeast! I think that’s it!

Hi scotty. I used 18l of apple juice, 2l of vimto and 3l of water. Then added strong tea and cider yeast! I think that’s it!
A quick heads up as i got caught out in the early days, make sure all juices do not contain preservative your yeast will not like it ;)

Last edited:
A quick heads up as i got caught out in the early days, make sure all juices do not contain preservative your yeast will not like it ;)
Good point! Forgot to mention that haha! The cheap stuff I used from Tesco I think it’s called growers harvest seems to have gone ok! Just bottled it last night so it’s a waiting game haha

Latest posts

Back