Home brew exchange

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We'd need longer than that to get some good bottle conditioned stuff that could take the shipping , wouldnt we ? This is a nice idea mate but I would want to explore my priming yeast choices a bit before getting into it myself . Dont want to send anyone bottles of yeast slurry ! :pray:

I would be up for a bottle exchange. I am just about to start a corny exchange with a local guy from Jims. We both have kegerator with a few beers on tap so will be good to have guest ales on tap.
A bottle swap is a good way of getting good honest feedback.

As to time, I would need at least 5 weeks notice. 1 week to plan recipe, 2 weeks to ferment it, 2 weeks in the keg carbonating, settling and conditioning. No sediment from me, I hope.

I think it's a great idea and would be up for it.

I hate to mention the "establishment" but wouldn't we have to be carefull how it's labelled in the post ? from a duty point of view the beer has to be for home consumption by the producer doesn't it ?

I know we don't give a sh*t about that when sharing with friends, but using the postal service could be dodgy.

But then "forbidden beer" would be more exciting

The idea of a keg exchange with someone local is an amazing concept... Having a rotating guest tap on the kegerator is just brilliant.

Now I just need to finish the kegerator and get more cornies :-D

Hahah, maybe keg exchange is OK then :-P
We'll get a member list together first and see what everyone thinks about time and legalities etc. January is boring anyway so it's probably a good time to get some surprises in the post ;-)

As for the legal aspect I believe it's legal to share home brewed beverages as long as their is no monetary profit in it.

Then again................ I could be talking out of my hydrometer :-)

I'm in for the bottle swap. Be good for a newbie like me to get some feedback from some people with experience.

Terry.

I'm up for this as well!

Just a thought - should we be sending glass through the post or using plastic bottles?

I'm up for this too if that's ok. Don't get the chance to swap much up here. :thumb:

I've got 40 of those cooper plastic brown brew bottles, think they are great for posting.

Is this to be a free for all brew what u want? Names picked out of a hat?

Cheers

I have an experimental choc, cherry stout (3 bottles) that I don't mind giving away. Bearing in mind I haven't tasted them myself so it could be revolting!

Latest posts

Back