How much concentrate in wine kits

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Searched high and low for an answer to the above question. For example I'm aware there are 7.5ltr of concentrate in the Beaverdale range of their 30 bottle kits. I would know the more expensive kits would have a higher degree than the cheaper kits but very few state the amount. Would anyone be aware of the amount of concentrate in various wine kits or where one could find out, without having to contact them individually?

It unfortunately isn't that straightforward.

The concentration on the concentrate is also important. Not all kits are 65 Brix.

What are you trying to do? If you think more concentrate = better wine, this is not the case. Shopping by weight won't help.

I do the winexpert kits,, the entry level kit “classics” have 8lt, “Reserve” have 10lt and the their top of the range “private reserve” have 12lt of concentrate. They also come with different additions.. from oak chips to oak cubes and grape skins.. Iv done every level and have to say they are excellent. What I tend to do is get the top level private reserve along with a entry level “classic” kit, once the reserve is finished fermentation and racked into a secondary, I then add the cheaper kit into the FV containing all the goodies from the top kit,, grape skins ect.. obviously the style of wine should be the same, but it really boosts the finish product of the cheaper kit..
Iv done the Beaverdale,, they’re not to bad but need to be left months to mellow,, not a patch on the Winexpert kits.

Do you mean like yeast and all?

And at the same time do you add another pack of yeast from the cheaper kit? That sounds like really good idea 😀 🍷
Yeah I just put straight on top of old yeast, goes off like a rocket, it also speeds up the fermentation time by a couple of days. Save your spare packet of yeast for turbo cider 👌🏽

I made Beaverdale, Wineworks and some other kits, all kits were for 30 bottles though I got 29 at best case. The kits come with different volumes of concentrated juice - the first kit (I think it was cabernet savignon) came only with 1 litre, but mainly they are 5 litre (I usually buy Rioja). Also, some kits come with nice plastic containers like jerry cans that I use later at home, and some come in "bags", i.e. thick plastic bags that you dispose after you empty them
Still toying with an idea of trying £100+ kits - all my wines are fine, but not enough alcohol content, all under 10%. However, the taste is smooth and easy to drink what many people note immediately. I would also strongly recommend to degas wine properly as this notably improves the taste - I specially bought a drill for this purpose, doing by hand is just too tiring and too involving. And white wine requires proper clarification

Searched high and low for an answer to the above question. For example I'm aware there are 7.5ltr of concentrate in the Beaverdale range of their 30 bottle kits. I would know the more expensive kits would have a higher degree than the cheaper kits but very few state the amount. Would anyone be aware of the amount of concentrate in various wine kits or where one could find out, without having to contact them individually?
Beaverdale 30 bottle kits only have 6 litres of concentrate now.
Used to have 7.5 litres but in changed a long while back.
Supposed to be more concentrated juice so I was told.

Latest posts

Back