how to substitute Kveik yeast in a recipe

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, I've run out of homebrew! I have about 5 or 6 recipes gathered and ready to go, but have run out so want to get something in the keg quickly. I have a Bells Two Hearted clone kit from the Malt Miller, which I've brewed before and it came out great....no idea how close it was to the original as I can't seem to get it in the UK, but either way it was probably one of my best brews so far. So considering brewing this one up but substituting the suppled Yeast (WLP4040 Midwestern Ale Yeast) with Kveik and giving pressure fermentation a go - got a new Fermzilla with only a few non-pressure ferments under the belt with it so feel ready to give a pressure ferment a go.

Would I need to adjust the mash process or recipe in any way to accommodate the Kveik yeast or just simply substitute it? Also what pressure and temperature should I aim for in the fermentation? Also given the fermentation is so quick do I dry hop after 24hrs or wait for fermentation to end and dry hop for a few days before begging?

Thanks

Latest posts

Back