I have a major problem

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is a bit confusing because there are several ways to present the same info (mmols/mol, mmols/l, mmols/dl,%) and then there is different advice on the normal vs diabetic range. It really ought to be more consistent for us poor buggers.

We can at least agree 12mmols/l (displayed on your monitor) is too high 😉

It is a bit confusing because there are several ways to present the same info (mmols/mol, mmols/l, mmols/dl,%) and then there is different advice on the normal vs diabetic range. It really ought to be more consistent for us poor buggers.

We can at least agree 12mmols/l (displayed on your monitor) is too high 😉

Agreed - not looking promising for me as I have several other symptoms as well.

The bright side is I've been dealing with my husband for years so know exactly what to do. 😊

@Tess Tickle's Brewery

This is the threshold for “high” blood sugar according to the UK NHS. Your reading over 12 is high but perhaps not massively given the time of day and the fact you have eaten.

3389AE4A-FA8D-46F2-9348-40A87B9B0D73.jpeg

Edit: The same site did also confirm normal to be the 4-7 mmols/l range.

Last edited:
This is the threshold for “high” blood sugar according to the UK NHS. Your reading over 12 is high but perhaps not massively given the time of day and the fact you have eaten.

View attachment 88553

Yes I came across that table of info as well when I was browsing.

The alarming thing for me is that's the highest test I've ever had.

Typically my blood sugar raises a little about 30 minutes post-eating. Going down to normal again by around 4 hours after eating.

For me, this result is completely abnormal. Don't want to have to go to the doctor's so I'm hoping it's back to normal by tomorrow morning. 😓

Yes I came across that table of info as well when I was browsing.

The alarming thing for me is that's the highest test I've ever had.

Typically my blood sugar raises a little about 30 minutes post-eating. Going down to normal again by around 4 hours after eating.

For me, this result is completely abnormal. Don't want to have to go to the doctor's so I'm hoping it's back to normal by tomorrow morning.
Strange for your reading to be so high then. My wife’s highest reading (again uncharacteristic) was over 20 and her vision even became blurred.

I’m sure your blood sugar will come down but wish you good luck and best wishes all the same.

Back