InfuSsion Mash Tun (10 gallon)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

periolus

Landlord.
Reaction score
Morning all!

Has anyone used or have one of these mash tuns? If so, could you let me know what the maximum practical mash volume is? I know it is measured in US gallons and hoping it is around 37l that is a maximum reasonable volume.

Are there any others that are similar by other companies that aren’t a combination MT/boiler and can also recirculate?

Hi
I have the 10 and 20 gallon (which is huge) : ) versions of the Ss InfuSsion mash tuns.
They are fantastic and hold temp (within 1-1.5 deg C )consistently over the mash period.
Think you are about right- 36 litres approx max for the 10 gallon version.
Please see the attached pdf from the Ss Brewtech site.

Attachments

• 10 Gallon Ss mash tun chart revB.pdf
    669.7 KB · Views: 0
Nice one, thanks for that. I am aiming for 28L brew length for most of my recipes, using a 30L fermenter. I was just worried that 35L might be slightly awkward with some recipes, as close to the limit in calculation. Having said that, my MT dead space in those calculations I made isn’t zero, which this MT has as a serious perk!!

20gal would be too big for what I need, but 10gal is interesting me greatly…..

Sorry, forgot to ask about sparring with this - is it designed to take a fly-sparge arm or similar manifold? Or can you batch sparge with it too?

Hi,
I bought the Ss recirculation manifold kit from The Malt Miller for mine.
The Ss sparge arm has 3 x different sized silicon adaptors for various flow rates,
The Ss sparge arm mounts on the mash tun handle via the square rubber adaptor.
Managed to pickup my mint condition hardly used 10 gallon Ss mash tun in December 2021 for a bargain price that included the sparge arm,vorlauf attachment and the MTSs temp control and heat pad (not that i have ever needed to use the controller/heat pad)!
The newer 2020 updated tri-clamp 10 Gallon Ss mash tun is now a whopping £499-think i paid about £250 for my mint second hand (old model) one including all the accessories!
Bought my 20 gallon (old model) Ss mash tun new from Brew UK for £450 two years ago ,looks a bargain now as the updated one is now priced at £645 from TMM, apart from the tri-clamps and updated feet (the older version ones the feet tend to fall off ) there is not much difference-cannot believe it has increased in price by that much in 2 years.

Attachments

• sparge-arm.jpg
    sparge-arm.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 0
  • vorlaufinuse.jpg
    vorlaufinuse.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 0
  • ss-brewtech-manifold-for-mash-recirculation-for-kettles-to-75-l-20-gal.jpg
    ss-brewtech-manifold-for-mash-recirculation-for-kettles-to-75-l-20-gal.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Ssparge arm quick ref card.pdf
    222.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Hi,
I bought the Ss recirculation manifold kit from The Malt Miller for mine.
The Ss sparge arm has 3 x different sized silicon adaptors for various flow rates,
The Ss sparge arm mounts on the mash tun handle via the square rubber adaptor.
Managed to pickup my mint condition hardly used 10 gallon Ss mash tun in December 2021 for a bargain price that included the sparge arm,vorlauf attachment and the MTSs temp control and heat pad (not that i have ever needed to use the controller/heat pad)!
The newer 2020 updated tri-clamp 10 Gallon Ss mash tun is now a whopping £499-think i paid about £250 for my mint second hand (old model) one including all the accessories!
Bought my 20 gallon (old model) Ss mash tun new from Brew UK for £450 two years ago ,looks a bargain now as the updated one is now priced at £645 from TMM, apart from the tri-clamps and updated feet (the older version ones the feet tend to fall off ) there is not much difference-cannot believe it has increased in price by that much in 2 years.
Looks interesting. Could you still get something in the end of the new valve, like a cam or is it the other part of a triclamp valve (with hose tail) that wills attach? Is the black end of the sleeve basically the gasket for the rest of the TC fitting?

Last edited:
Back