Is Strawberry wine worth a try?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Am I alowed to squeeze the muslin or is it like jelly where it just makes things cloudy?

Ended up using 1kg straberries and 1kg raspberries as either the other bag has been snaffled or it is lurking deep in the freezer not wanting to be found :roll: At this stage if smells wonderful and is producing a lovely deep red juice. If it carries on like this it will make a cracking wine.

I thought it would be slower than WOW - it has a realy good head on it within about 4 hours.

Im a bit surprised that it appears to have stopped fermenting in a little over 2 weeks? Is this right - I thought fruit wines were suppoesd to be a bit slower than WOW? Should I give it another few days then stop any remaining fermentation or would it be better to put it somewhere cool and leave it for a few more weeks?

“A little over 2 weeks” is probably about right, your yeasties had the sort of balanced diet that they like and the temperature should have been reasonable. Don't try to rush things, give them another couple of weeks, then rack, then leave it in a cooler place for another couple of months to clear, you shouldn't need finings.

Just bottled mine, and it's tasting OK already.
It had the best snowglobe effect of owt I've made so far, too, in the early ferment.

yep definatley did the snow globe bit OK, Mine still in 'sitting quitely waiting for sediment to form' phase but even when I first racked it it was showing promise.

At 3 months in the bottle, my strawberry wine is very nice indeed.
Next time we go to Costco I think I'll get another bag of frozen strawberries.

Mine came out superb from last year - i made 5 gallons of it. Strawberries just coming into season here at the min but need to wait a while until price comes down. I just washed, chopped and soaked in sugar for 2 days then extracted as much as poss then stuck in the DJ. :cheers:

According to my notes, all I added to mine was a mug of Earl Grey.
Cracking little wine, definitely making more.

mine is drinking very well. Perhaps it is not such a bad thing that I have planted twice the amount of strawberries I had intended :whistle:

Latest posts

Back