Just joined

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaltyMat

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just joined THBF.

I used to brew beer and wine back home in NZ, but since moving to the UK (about 9 years ago) had stopped brewing all together, until now. Started back up a couple of years ago, and I have now just started with All grain brewing.

I have put my first all grain batch down over the bank holiday weekend, and just bottled it today. Fingers crossed it comes out drinkable (first taste today seems ok still quite bitter, but I am hoping that a bit more conditioning in the bottle will smooth it out).

I hope I can learn a lot from other forum users here, and maybe when I get enough experience help others as well.

Thanks for the welcome.

I'm not too keen on overly bitter brews :(

This brew is my own recipe using "QBrew" software. I based it on an extract and grain recipe I made a while back from a brew book , which when put into QBrew said it had a bitterness of 49 IBU, but tasted quite mild. So this batch I went for around 47 IBU, but seems to be more bitter/hoppy than the last brew.

Time will tell, and maybe brew it a few more times tweaking things here and there.

Back