Keg pump, connecting to draught master / brewlock

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tom_c

Reaction score
I have a home pump, that takes standard brewery kegs e.g. Carling etc

Kegs are usually too much to drink before going off, and I've noticed a lot of places sell smaller kegs called draught master / brew lock.

Are DM/BL basically the same thing ? Could I plump the output of one of their dispensers through the existing pump?

I think this would work because draught master is already pressureised so it'd just be a case of making a pipe adapter, in which case would I even need their dispenser?

#confused

I have no clue what are you talking about, but if there's beer in that keg, at my place ends up in my glass.

Well, to boil it down. I have a tap that works with a g-type keg coupler, with inert gas cylinder etc.

But kegs are large and expensive.

Now there are smaller kegs with different connectors.

Has anyone built adapters like this?

Ok, I've done my research, you can pump the beer out from that kind of kegs with whatever gas you have, or whatever pump you have.
It's as easy as cut off the old coupler add some JG fittings and put the new coupler on. I you need that g-type again just connect it back with the JG fittings you previously added.
If you use a different pump, you might want to double check the pressure requirements of the 2 systems.

Ahh, OK, so both draught master and brew lock are just 15mm pipes for gas in and beer out ? There's no coupler as such for the keg itself ?

My g-type already has 15mm attached via screw connectors, so should be easy to rig up something. Plan ?

Ohh, thanks.

DraughtMaster - Done some digging too, based on it looks like it uses an external pressure vessel to compress the keg; I'm going to assume I can just put the keg at the same level as the tap and let gravity do the work as it'll be carbonated and want to come out ?
Might even be able to put it on the floor nearby till it runs low, I'd guess ?

echos your point about the keg-to-tap line certainly looking like 15mm. So that's easy enough.

BrewLock I found this - so I'll need to get a brewlock coupler, and then it should be easy too.

So where do I get a Brewlock coupler ? I tried a bunch of places (RLBS etc) and nobody seems to sell them ?

So what I got to play with was Carlsberg Export Draught Master 20ltr PET Keg – Liquor Library which is a "Modula 20" Draught Master, not a "Flex 20" so doesn't have the integrated pipe work (see pic)
PXL_20220914_074540610.jpg

It looks like the white part is meant to be depressed to allow larger out. So the plan is do it how the RLBS mini-keg adapters work - pull it out and insert a 1cm OD pipe with a 3/4" BSP screw on the end. Not sure how tight the seal will be; wish me luck !

Latest posts

Back