Pump for DIY keg washer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simonh82

Landlord.
Reaction score
I'm planning to build a keg washer as my set up at home means it is very time consuming and labour intensive to wash kegs. I always put it off because it makes such a mess and takes ages. Having toyed with the idea of getting the SS Brewtech one which looks amazing but costs ££££, I've decided to make my own.

I need a pond pump to jet water inside the keg but I'm not sure how powerful it would need to be. Does anyone have a recommendation, if you've built one yourself? I was considering a Hozelock Cascade 1500 which has the advantage of coming with and adjustable fountain head and additional outlet which I would connect to a ball lock quick connects so that I could simultaneously clean the dip tube and gas in tube.

Any thoughts of whether this would be suitable, or alternative suggestions would be appreciated.

I use a pond pump, with cip ball on top.
Generic brand, I use has lasted well so far. I use PBW at about 45 degrees at the start and it cools.
The pump sits in an old ferment bucket below a microwave grill.

Latest posts

Back