Kegerator - 2 Tap Tower Recommendations

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My bad for missing your location.. All in all you got a good bundle there..

As for connecting your tap to standard 3/8" semi rigid beerline, those US style taps are generally terminated with a hosebarb and not the user friendly JG fitting most UK sourced taps will have.

yours may arrive with 3/8" barbs and if so you will need patience a mug of off the boil water and perhaps a smear of fairy liquid, and some CLEAN small long nosed pliers can be very useful. heat and soften the beerline and when soft open up the mouth with the pliers (sit them in the hot water to warm them up too)..

alternatively consider replacing the 3/8" barb with a 1/4" tho i have read accounts where 1/4"barbs even when secured with a c or jubilee clip spring leaks?? which is odd as the ID of 3/8" beerline is 1/4" ??

If your tap comes with a 1/2" barb then your probably looking at a bodge job, and will need to mix both tube and pipe to achieve a solution, (tube as in plumbing and beerline is Generally described/defined by its outside diameter, While Pipes and pipe fittings are generally defined by the internal diameter or its qualities.) So.. you can buy 2 x 1/2" bits and discover they are no where near a fit ;)

My bad for missing your location.. All in all you got a good bundle there..

As for connecting your tap to standard 3/8" semi rigid beerline, those US style taps are generally terminated with a hosebarb and not the user friendly JG fitting most UK sourced taps will have.

yours may arrive with 3/8" barbs and if so you will need patience a mug of off the boil water and perhaps a smear of fairy liquid, and some CLEAN small long nosed pliers can be very useful. heat and soften the beerline and when soft open up the mouth with the pliers (sit them in the hot water to warm them up too)..

alternatively consider replacing the 3/8" barb with a 1/4" tho i have read accounts where 1/4"barbs even when secured with a c or jubilee clip spring leaks?? which is odd as the ID of 3/8" beerline is 1/4" ??

If your tap comes with a 1/2" barb then your probably looking at a bodge job, and will need to mix both tube and pipe to achieve a solution, (tube as in plumbing and beerline is Generally described/defined by its outside diameter, While Pipes and pipe fittings are generally defined by the internal diameter or its qualities.) So.. you can buy 2 x 1/2" bits and discover they are no where near a fit ;)
I've requested to cancel the order for the taps, pending a response from the supplier. I don't mind paying a bit extra for less hassle. Will see what he/she comes back with.

As for everything else, I'm sure it'll be fine. The taps are my only real concern and is the part with the biggest price differences. I think it would be wise to stick with a UK supplier for these, especially one I can talk to on the phone.

https://www.the-home-brew-shop.co.uk/acatalog/Beer-Tap-Towers.html

No experience of the taps but £75 and you'll be able to speak to someone on the phone if you have issues. Might want to add £3 worth of something to get a cheaper delivery option.
Now that is spooky, I have literally just hung up the phone after ordering the very product you mentioned at £75. Are you watching me or something?!:laugh8:

https://www.the-home-brew-shop.co.uk/acatalog/2-Tap-Beer-Tap-Tower-1.html

£75 + £6 odd postage (I have a Highlands postcode but I'm not actually in the Highlands; that's a rant for another day though...).

Beer lines confirmed as 1/4" ID and 3/8" OD. Taps come with both wooden and black handles too:cheers7:

Back