LAB - Next Meeting, Mon 3rd Dec.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mixale

Just getting me coat!
Reaction score
Our next meeting and last in 2012 is on Monday 3rd December in the usual place - The Draft House, Tower Bridge.

We have a late inclusion on the agenda - Jules Whiteway from the London Fields Brewery will be coming along to briefy talk to us about what they're doing in terms of their new programme of classes, workshops and experience days at the brewery aimed at the novice moving through to the more expereienced brewers. They are particularly interested in LAB as they see the homebrew community a core part of the London brewing scene.

In the first of our "how to do" sessions, Dave H will demonstrate counter pressure bottle filling and will give some pointers as to how to build a filler for ourselves. I think it would be interesting to find out how we each approach bottle filling, so if you have a particular bit of kit you think might be of interest to us please bring it along. Our next "how to do" session will take place in the new year when Pete H will tell us all we need to know about Cornelius kegs and kegging.

This month's members' tastings will feature Christmas and extreme beers. We currently have 9 beers on the list to taste.
As usual, you'll need to bring preferably 4 x 500ml bottles or equivalent to make sure there's enough to go round the group.
3 bottles just doesn't go round the 30+ attendees we are now seeing each month. So a very active and vocal group.

The agenda for the meeting is as follows:

18:00 Arrive and get a beer
18:30 Club news, updates & introductions
19:00 Jules - London Fields Brewery
19:30 Member's Talk - Dave on counter pressure bottle filling
20.00 Top-up break
20:15 Tasting of members' beers
21:30 Meeting close

he hee, like the idea of a top up break at 2000 hrs.... :D

Hmmm, that looks very interesting indeed..

I can't make the 3rd but as a Home Counties Homebrewer I'll be looking out for the 2013 meetings and hope to pop along to some.

Might have to get a taxi from the station for this one.....
9 extreme beers to taste :drink: probably nothing less than 7%

DaveH will be full off it as he got several placings in the competiton earlier in the month.

We might be getting a few new brewers this month too. It won't be long before we get 40+ at the meetings and have to find an even bigger venue.

Although I'm 30 miles from London our rail line goes into Fenchurch street which is walking distance from your venue. Do you hold all your meetings in the same place. If so I would like to attend in the future, not able to make Monday as I would need to book time off work to get there by 6 o'clock. If you can give us a few weeks notice I would like to attend your next one.

Hi Dennis

It is planned for the foreable future to meet at The Draft House.
We always meet on the first Monday of the month, except for bank holidays when it usually moves to the Tuesday.

Don't worry too much about the 6pm start time - we don't lock the doors!
Mean part of the evening gets started about 6:30 but we have later comers every month, so get there when you can.

We have a reserved meeting room downstairs - arrive, grab a beer and decend to the basement!
New members always welcome - come join the fun :cheers:

mixale said:
Hi Dennis

It is planned for the foreable future to meet at The Draft House.
We always meet on the first Monday of the month, except for bank holidays when it usually moves to the Tuesday.

Don't worry too much about the 6pm start time - we don't lock the doors!
Mean part of the evening gets started about 6:30 but we have later comers every month, so get there when you can.

We have a reserved meeting room downstairs - arrive, grab a beer and decend to the basement!
New members always welcome - come join the fun :cheers:

January is a no no because of work, so February will try to make it. :thumb:

Latest posts

Back