Lewis Hamilton Champion

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A T said:
Do you think Massa is aggressive?
I think like all drivers he has red mist moments . . . look at what he has done in the past . . . he has matured into an incredibly capable driver, just a shame his talents is wasted at Ferrari :lol:

A T said:
You wanna talk about black flagging a team? McLaren should have been expelled from the sport forever for what they did last year, Isn't it strange that they had a return to form when the STOLE all Ferraris development information?

Stole or given ? . . . I think a 'not proven' verdict was the outcome . . . or at least that has been what was implied . . . like so many things in F1 a lot of it is kept in the club, difficult to really know what went on behind those closed doors of the FIA.

A T said:
So who are you a fan of Aleman?

I've always been a fan of Lotus . . . now sadly missed, and Williams,

I can't wait to see what happens next year, the form of the last 10 years is going to be thrown out of the window . . . of course those teams that can afford to spend 400 million on development will rapidly rise to the top, while the real triers will be left in the dark.

At BB :rofl:

Definitely STOLE
When Nigel Stepney gave them that information they knew what they were doing, when they developed their cars with the Ferrari designs in mind they knew what they were doing and when Ron Dennis lied and said the team knew nothing about the documents he knew what he was doing. The truth is they stole Ferraris intellectual property and used it to their advantage and no doubt still are. Everybody seen how much the McLaren car improved when they were in possession of the Ferrari material.

The McLaren team was fined $100 million and stripped of its points in the constructors championship, i think that's enough proof isn't it?

You think like all the drivers he has red mist moments? what a load of cobblers :rofl:
Do you know how many drivers that have (this year) voiced concerns about Lewis Hamiltons aggressive arrogant behaviour on track?

Ferrari are the only team that have contested the F1 championships since 1950 and you don't like them cause they have money :lol: :lol: Formula one has always been about money and cutting edge technology and there's always going to be money in it so you can't really dislike a team or a driver for having lots of it can you?

A T said:
Formula one has always been about money and cutting edge technology and there's always going to be money in it so you can't really dislike a team or a driver for having lots of it can you?
No and building/selling racing cars is Ferrari's business . . . They used to go to the tracks with a car, race it, and sell it, can't fault them for that . . . Ferrari have competed in F1 and done very well from it even during the bad years with the early turbo engines . . . But look at the last 15 years and things have started to go downhill.

Massa Agressive . . . possibly not, I guess he was just unfortunate using the Force India to slow down at Monza. Lewis many very well be aggressive, but at least he has turned processional driving into racing again . . . And I would rather watch this style than the years before where it was turn up, Ferrari get pole . . . Ferrari lead a procession round the track . . . Ferrari win . . . unless (rarely) Ferrari make a cock up with the pit stop strategy, and someone else wins. Lewis has shown them all that the pit lane is not the only place on a circuit where you can overtake . . . perhaps that has embarrassed a lot of the drivers . . . but a lot of them were doing their best to stop him on Sunday . . . I suspect that Vettel would have passed Lewis anyway, but WTF was Kubica doing unlapping himself and then getting in the way (for less than three corners obviously).

We could argue about this all night, but I think that Lewis will be a more effective world champion next year than Kimi was this ;) If you look at all the World champions, I am sure that you would agree that they were always a little aggressive in their initial seasons . . . and then settled down into the mature drivers they became.

If you read my first post you'll see that i said it was the best season since the days of Senna/Prost so obviously i enjoyed the racing this year. It's a shame that any time anybody mentions F1 somebody has to come out of the woodwork with comments about Ferrari because they're successful or conspiracy theories about the FIA vs Lewis. He is an aggressive driver and he will pay the price for that as long as it leads to mistakes. I think you'll find there's a very evenly matched batch of drivers in F1 now since Schumacher retired and that will lead to more exciting racing than ever. There has been pretty damming reports of Kimis antics off course this year and anybody could see it has been affecting his driving, hopefully he can get his head straight for next year and have a better shot at it.

I haven't really watched F1 that much since Hill left the sport. I only watched for Patriotic reasons then anyway. But the Senna and prost days were the golden years i reckon.
This season has been much better though. Previous to that we've had stupid rules come in slowing the cars down, tyres that aren't full slicks? It's all for safety not for spectacle. Any form of motorsport is dangerous. But the drivers and riders in the top blue riband class of cars and bikes should have a say about the rules just as much as the body that controls it. I bet there aren't many of them who want the cars/bikes to go slower, have less grip etc. These vehicles are supposed to be the pinnacle. Why not let the manufacturer's build whatever they want, within reason. Then you'll find less than a handfull of drivers/riders who could push their vehicles to the limit. Rather than trying to put everyone on a level pegging. How about when someone with more talent but a slightly worse car/bike is pitted against someone who isn't as talented but has a slightly better car/bike. That is where fantastic races come from. Not by altering the rules non stop to keep everyone level.

The cars are almost getting as exciting as the bikes to watch. :cool:

Just call me a cynical person again. But having seen the TV news I thought that Glock's car went very wide which allowed Hamilton to pass easily. A new young star emerges. Bernie's empire moves on :?:

Q & A from Autosport's website:
Q. What was it like in wet conditions with dry tyres?
Timo Glock: It was not so bad until the final lap when the rain really began to come down very heavily and it was just impossible. It was so difficult to just keep the car on the track because it was very wet and the car was basically undriveable in those conditions. I was sliding everywhere, with absolutely no grip at all.

Q. Did you realise the significance of Lewis Hamilton fighting with you on the final lap?
Timo Glock: To be honest I was racing for Toyota and my place which is the correct thing to do. I didn't even know that Lewis was directly behind me. The team told me that Sebastian Vettel was catching me and they kept me updated on his position but I was concentrating so hard on keeping the car on the track. I didn't even know that Lewis had overtaken me until after the race. I was passed by three or four cars on the final lap and it was not easy to keep track of what was going on.

Glock went wide because of no grip!

Here are both Toyota's final lap times.
Trulli
65 1:15.551
66 1:19.113
67 1:20.528
68 1:20.188
69 1:22.428
70 1:33.539
71 1:44.800

Glock
65 1:15.571
66 1:17.992
67 1:18.897
68 1:18.816
69 1:18.688
70 1:28.041
71 1:44.731

Those times speak for themselves - dry tyres on a wet track.

Now let's get on brewing! :cheers:

So he cheated then. Cheeky blighter having slick( :wha: ) tyres on a wet track, must be cheating. If he isn't cheating then he should be disqualified anyway-those times are way under qualifying times and he shouldn't be on track. :P
Bring back F1 cars that have a fan that sucks them onto the tarmac, wheels so fat that you CAN'T lose traction and engines so powerfull that they make bystanders cry and the asphalt curl. With Drivers who are as hard as nails and love it all!

Isn't that what F1 should be about??? If not then the 800cc bikes will end up quicker and that would be wrong. The poxy Indy cars are already way faster than F1 cars? And they only go round and round? F1 should be the fastest, scariest mother fucker of a spectacle like it was. Not a pansy arsed BE inspired route to making him the richest idiot ever. :roll:

Sorry but i think BE is ruining motorsport. We've fought him off in bikes but he's trying to get his thumb in there too. He will ruin it completely if he has anything to do with bikes. Watching a racer elbow another rider off the track at 180mph and then that rider getting back on track and trying to outbrake the person who elbowed him off is very very thrilling. And watching a rider crash at speeds up to 210mph and cartwheel down the course only to jump straight up and try to get his bike going again is just plain amusing. It does make me cringe and i always hope the rider is ok. But it is a spectacle and that is what motorsport is all about. You will never find a real racer who wants the bikes/cars to be slower or have less grip. They always want the car/bike to be faster and have more grip. Why not give that to them and see who can deal with it the most? Now that would be really exciting and a great spectacle. Imagine having cars that were so powerfull that the drivers were scared of them. Tyre's so advanced and sticky that they would need to be pushed to extreme's to lose traction. Aerodynamics and fans that made dam well sure the car could travel upside down if need be. That would make thrilling motorsport. Would it not?

I agree that it should be a spectacle to watch and F1 should be the pinnacle of motor sport but a certain amount of control needs to kept over the teams or half the stock of current F1 drivers would be slaughtered in a couple of seasons.Remember how safety was when Senna was killed? they shortened the steering column on his car and welded it back together, would you trust a road car like that? never mind an F1 car. The FIA are constantly fighting a war against technologies and banning them when they're losing the battle to try to keep the cars in a comfort zone. The problem is since the weekend Ratzenburger and Senna were killed the FIA have been a little over protective when it comes to F1. BE and MM dragged F1 through some dark times and any true fan of motor sport owes them a debt of gratitude but the truth be known, they're both past it now. There is gonna be some radical changes to F1 in the coming years and i'm sure speed and over taking will be addressed, i hope not at the cost of lives.

AT - Beer through nose moment :shock:

SW - Thats cool :thumb: ask him if there any chance that he can stick a www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk logo on his helmet next season ?

Back