little bottler

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't get a red insert with mine but it did come with a little white sleeve about an inch long (could be a different colour on yours). I think this is to connect it up to a tap on your bottling bucket.

It sounds like you are trying to upload an attachment. Copy them img link from photobucket and paste it here.

It's just a sediment trap which you can attach to the back of the tap pointing upwards if you wish :thumb:

That is to stop sediment being drawn off the bottom.
You can turn it so the inlet is to the side or on top. Its quite useful.

thought it might be but it really slows the flow down a lot once there is less than half in the fv.and the tap is so far up that it leaves quite a ltrs in the fv. the hole was pre marked but i wish i had cut one lower down in a different place. need to tilt the fv a lot to get the last out and that means disturbing the trub.

In an ideal world you'd rack your beer to your bottling bucket with little bottler attachment prior to bottling thereby leaving all the trub behind and allowing you to tilt your bucket to your hearts content. This will also allow you to batch prime which is easier and will give a more consistent carbonation.

That's what I do, I keep meaning to add a dip tube to my bottling bucket so I don't need to tilt to get the last few bottles filled.

This seems like a good place to ask a question about my little bottler - only opened it today!

The contents of the bag were:
The bottling stick
The tap with washer, backnut and red plug as shown in this thread

Now, it does not seem the bottling stick can be inserted into the tap... Looking at the (poor) instructions there looks to be a small (inch long?) cylinder missing allowing the bottling stick to the connected to the tap. Is this correct? Hope I don't have a hard time getting the shop to send me one as I've already binned the invoice and packaging (as it was a large order and I thought everything was okay until I actually went to clean the little bottler prior to use today!!).

Thanks!

LavaChild said:
This seems like a good place to ask a question about my little bottler - only opened it today!

The contents of the bag were:
The bottling stick
The tap with washer, backnut and red plug as shown in this thread

Now, it does not seem the bottling stick can be inserted into the tap... Looking at the (poor) instructions there looks to be a small (inch long?) cylinder missing allowing the bottling stick to the connected to the tap. Is this correct? Hope I don't have a hard time getting the shop to send me one as I've already binned the invoice and packaging (as it was a large order and I thought everything was okay until I actually went to clean the little bottler prior to use today!!).

Thanks!
That's right, it should of had the small connecting tube in.

Thanks for the confirmation - I'll give the online store a call tomorow! :)

LavaChild said:
Thanks for the confirmation - I'll give the online store a call tomorow! :)

If it was the-home-brew-shop.co.uk then mine came without the tap - a quick call and it was with me the next day.

Latest posts

Back