Lowering abv

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rybinss

Landlord.
Reaction score
In an effort to cut down on my units here in Spain I have come across this .now rather than give Heineken all my euros I was wondering about doing my own lower abv beer post fermentation. What would the resulting abv be if I mixed 330ml can of 5.6% beer with 330ml can of 0%. In my head that should come out at 660ml of 2.8% beer. Is it really that simple or am I missing something?
PXL_20230812_094937615.jpg

In an effort to cut down on my units here in Spain I have come across this .now rather than give Heineken all my euros I was wondering about doing my own lower abv beer post fermentation. What would the resulting abv be if I mixed 330ml can of 5.6% beer with 330ml can of 0%. In my head that should come out at 660ml of 2.8% beer. Is it really that simple or am I missing something?
View attachment 88800

The maths are correct. I can't quite fathom why you would want to do that though? I can't help but think that the two mixed together will taste unbalanced or just plain odd.

Why not just drink one can of 0% beer followed by a can of 5.6% beer? You'd still be consuming the same amount of alcohol.

The maths are correct. I can't quite fathom why you would want to do that though? I can't help but think that the two mixed together will taste unbalanced or just plain odd.

Why not just drink one can of 0% beer followed by a can of 5.6% beer? You'd still be consuming the same amount of alcohol.
Yup, guilty of over thinking this one I guess, maybe I'll stick to low alcohol ones pre driving, and normals after. Tbf spain have some really good low alcohol beers to choose from.😎

Latest posts

Back