Mangrove jacks cider kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy44

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

If i were to put about 700g of sugar instead of a 1000g what would the volume be on a 21ltr batch and would it be ok to put all the yeast in.

Thanks in advance
Andy

100g sugar in 1ltr of liquid gives approximately 36 points, 1000g, as recommended in the kit if put in 21ltrs will give 48g per ltr, 17 points. 700g divided by 21ltrs gives you 33g per litre so 12 points. Difference of 5 points which should be around 0.7% volume reduction over the kit suggested volume at 23ltrs.

Now please take all that with a pinch of salt, I am reasonably certain of my calculations but that is the first time I have tried to work something like that out, normally I am trying to add volume and I did it really quickly, I may have missed a step lol!

As for the yeast, just put it all in, shouldn't make any difference as far as I am aware. I have brewed both my kits at 21ltrs with no issues but the mangrove jacks cider I will bee putting on later will be at the recommended 23ltrs.

Out of curiosity, why brew short of the recommended 23Ltrs if you want a lower % cider?

100g sugar in 1ltr of liquid gives approximately 36 points, 1000g, as recommended in the kit if put in 21ltrs will give 48g per ltr, 17 points. 700g divided by 21ltrs gives you 33g per litre so 12 points. Difference of 5 points which should be around 0.7% volume reduction over the kit suggested volume at 23ltrs.

Now please take all that with a pinch of salt, I am reasonably certain of my calculations but that is the first time I have tried to work something like that out, normally I am trying to add volume and I did it really quickly, I may have missed a step lol!

As for the yeast, just put it all in, shouldn't make any difference as far as I am aware. I have brewed both my kits at 21ltrs with no issues but the mangrove jacks cider I will bee putting on later will be at the recommended 23ltrs.

Out of curiosity, why brew short of the recommended 23Ltrs if you want a lower % cider?
Hi, sorry should have been 23ltrs plus i add about another litre, so i tried a couple the other night and its got a bit of a kick to it.. Thanks for working ot out

I made mine to 23ltrs and used the mangrove jacks cider enhancer, not sure if I have worked it right, but its looking to be around 6% and tastes pretty good already at 10 days old!

Back