Morrison's Value Mead

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i once made some value honey mead hahah it went to better uses than wine it hasnt got enough of anything really in my opinion with value you need to use an expensive organic honey to get the best mead orange blossom honey is a nice mead

The first few of my meads were made with cheap honey, and they're just not great (though they've not aged much yet, just a few months). I made one with orange blossom honey and it smells way better :D Not cheap, I used nearly 5x340g jars, at £2.99 each, so £15 for the gallon. I'm hoping if I leave it long enough, it will be amazing and therefore good value! Another I made with cheap honey, but added good honey to backsweeten and get the taste - fermentation can take a lot of the aromatics out of the honey anyway. Adding fruit to make a melolmel or other variants of mead might cover the taste of crappy honey.

Holland & Barrett are doing a buy-one-get-one-half-price offer thingy at the minute, they have some nice honeys so I might buy some for a batch!

Latest posts

Back