murphys home brew

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think that is necessarily a bad thing.
They have some products and services that would be/are very useful to homebrewers.....things that are normally only available in quanities we would never get through.
If they keep their prices right and service good, then I will most probably buy from them.

They have some good articles and information on their website too :)

If that gives us access to their products in sensible quantities I think it's a good thing . . . Just asked them to add Polyclar Plus 730 to the list I've been wanting to try it for 18 months now.

Am I missing something here :wha:

Had a look around the linked site and there seems to be little choice and prices no different to other on line retailers. So why the excitement :wha:

If you're not familiar with Murphy's they stock a lot more than is presently listed on that site, in fact they stock nearly every hop/malt/cleaning product known, or can get it.
I assume they're building it up from scratch and things will be added in due course.
and prices no different to other on line retailers
I must be missing something then, where can you get 25kg of malt for £22 :wha:
So why the excitement :wha:
For me it's because I make so much beer (or used to) that it could cost a fortune, ie, 2kg of noble hops in 46ltr brew length is very costly :shock:
This goes some way to addressing that's it's more than just a hobby to some, it's just unfortunate they didn't do it a couple of years ago, as like you said, there's a new generation of on-line shops now with very competitive prices :cool:

Fair enough V. I'm not familiar with Murphys (other than the Stout). 25KG of malt will cost you £30 there is an £8 delivery charge to add on that 25kg price. Worcester Hop Shop are doing 25kg of Marris Otter at £23 at the moment. Not sure of delivery cost.

Stocking all that stuff is all well and good but if it is not available on line it is no good to me. I have no local home-brew shop so I will stick to those who I have experience of and have given a reliable service. I take it they are a long established craft brewer suppliers then. Or are they a trade supplier who are finding it hard in the current economic climate and are diversifying :wha:

I must be missing something then, where can you get 25kg of malt for £22

£31.60 delivered, not that cheap JP, you can pick it up less than that if you know where to go ;)

& the hops are not that cheap the malt miller beats em on price easily.

Worth keeping an eye on though I suppose, I wonder if any of the forum sponsors are at all worried that the big boys are muscling on their market.

UP

As I say I would use it for those products that I've used commercially that we can't get from our usual suppliers.

malt and Hops . . . Malt Miller for me (And a certain craft brewery I know ;) )

All good stuff :thumb:
I've been in touch with Murphy's and they are looking to expand their range with time, they also allow collection.
I take it they are a long established craft brewer suppliers then. Or are they a trade supplier who are finding it hard in the current economic climate and are diversifying
I just think they're diversifying TBH, you can see their full product range (to the trade) and history here.

Thanks guys for all your invaluable feedback, we shall take all these comments into consideration and in due course yes we will be expanding the range of products.
We may even be doing live yeast as mentioned, but as I said these things will take time and obviously we want to see how the market reacts to the site.
Please feel free to message me with any feedback or ideas.
Many Thanks
Murphy Home Brew

Back