My advent calendar is better than yours? 2022

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not so much beer related, but swmbo and my self do an advent calender (might add that we do leap frog days. She opens odd days and I open even days). So far, a cycle multi tool, tweed flat cap & a bottle of imp stout.
Attached is our calendar with nothing on.

Attachments

• 20191202_175722-1.jpg
    20191202_175722-1.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
20221209_211419.jpg
20221209_211550.jpg

Beer52 Day 9: Bullroarer APA

This is a really good beer 👍

I'm not sure about the citrus-orange or floral but I definitely get the pine. It's not outrageously bitter, just for my tastes the pine is slightly too much and stops it being sessionable. But that's my tastes - objectively though, yeah, this is a really good beer 👍🍻

20221210_212651.jpg

Beer52 Day 10: "Poke the Bear" Dark Cream Ale(?)

The can is sketchy with the details - it refers in the blurb the a "dark cream ale", make of that what you will.

This is a nice beer. The can promises honey, chocolate and marshmallow - I certainly get the latter two. It's not roasty like a stout but there's chocolate there. And a lot of marshmallow - and for me that's the deal breaker. I don't think it's a very sweet beer (certainly not dry either) but I think the marshmallow triggers sweetness, which means one pint is good but not something you'd drink all night.

But enjoyable nonetheless for something different 👍 :beer1:

Got this Belgian yesterday..thought I would chill after the football with it at about 1130pm. Woke up on the sofa at 2am with a full glass.. didn't feel like drinking 8% beer so had to pour it☹️
IMG_20221210_234052.jpg

20221212_220400.jpg

Beer52 Day 12: "Hop Drops" Citra Extra Pale Ale from Rye River Brewing Co. in Ireland.

This is very nice - I feel like I should be down on this because Citra is the popular kid, but it's too good. Just a really nice fruity hoppy and very drinkable beer 👍🍻😋

Latest posts

Back