My first wine kit MYO

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil Whittaker

Reaction score
So after reading some recent chat about "The Range" wine kits. I now seem to own one. :roll:
I have read the thread and sub threads: New (to me) Wine Kit - Very informative.

Still I have a couple of questions:
1. I own a fermzilla (Max temp 55c), Is it ok to fill the brewzilla up as normal and just mix it all up in there?
2. Is there any benefit to pressure on this fermentation?
3. Can I serve from a keg?
4. Will my equipment be ok for the next beer brew?

I'll keep looking and reading more posts to see if there are any hints and tips, to get the best out of the "Brew".

Best to use a dedicated fermenter for wine (i.e. plastic bucket with tap) and bottle the result. Don't know what a fermzilla is but you don't need high temperatures for wine making... Barrel yes why not. I use buckets for both beer and wine no issue there, beer just makes them more mucky.

NB. had to look it up! yes you could do it in one of those fermzillas.

Don't know what a fermzilla is but you don't need high temperatures for wine making...

1669033864410.png

Last edited:
Best to use a dedicated fermenter for wine (i.e. plastic bucket with tap) and bottle the result

If you are going to make wine regualary i would suggest a bucket with tap and a little bottler (see video) they make bottling much faster and easier.

I'm not sure if this will be a regular endeavour, this was more of an impulse buy. :-)

Going to give everything a clean tonight and shall mix it all up tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Oh maybe I should point out, I have no bottles. I was hoping to just keg it. ashock1
I was just going to treat this like a beer kit. :-)
Prey and hope wine comes out of the process.

Oh maybe I should point out, I have no bottles. I was hoping to just keg it. ashock1
I was just going to treat this like a beer kit. :-)
Prey and hope wine comes out of the process.
With kits you normally get a good result if you follow the normal sanitising procedures and also read the kit instructions. Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

Hi I use my snubnose which is good for brewing wine.

You dont want any pressure unless you were making a sparkling wine.

Still wines we spend time and effort removing CO2

buddsy

Oh very good point, if I ferment under pressure then it will defo have some level of carbonation once it has finished. I'll leave the valve open.

Right, get my lazy ass into gear and get on with cleaning duty.

Latest posts

Back